Chapter 15: Levi's Detention for the Otaku

MERIELLE'S POV

     School is finally over! I should be celebrating that I am here, still in one piece, and survived my first day at RAD.

     Unfortunately, I am not. I am inside one of RAD's classrooms and is currently in detention with Mammon and Leviathan. Those two have a reason as to why they are here in detention, but I seriously don't get my reason! Not one bit! The teacher had me here in detention for not passing a homework! I didn't receive anything that I need to pass a homework, not to mention that I just transferred here.

     "Argh! Why am I here?!" Mammon groaned.

     "Uhhh... because you almost got me killed and broke a marble statue?" I said in a sarcastic tone.

     "Lucifer broke it!" Mammon argued.

     "He only did that to shield me which he didn't need to do if you did not take off to the cafeteria in demon speed and had me with you," I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

     "But isn't fixing the marble statue with my own hands enough punishment already?" Mammon complained.

     "Obviously, no," I said and crossed my hands while looking at him with a cocked eyebrow. "Also, can you actually carve?"

     "... No," Mammon answered after pausing for a while.

     "You are in big trouble," I finally said.

     "Will you shut up, Mammon? Hearing you speak to yourself is infuriating!" Leviathan complained with a loud groan.

     "Hey! Show some respect! Also, I ain't talkin' to myself! I am talking to Merielle here!" Mammon shouted at him. Levi is on the back of the room.

     "I can't see anyone," Levi said.

     I sighed as Mammon replied, "When are ya guys gonna stop pretendin' Merielle doesn't exist?!"

     "Leviathan is not pretending Mammon," I said as I hung my head down. "He really can't see or hear me."

     "What are ya talkin' about?" Mammon asked me and he inched a bit closer to me. He is sitting next to me in a table and chair for two people.

     I can remember what Beelzebub exactly told me earlier at lunch.

     Beel and I sat in front of each other in an empty table and chair. Beel munched on his salamander sandwich while I took a bite on my pizza and sipped on my soda. It is a good thing that the RAD cafeteria serves food from Devildom and the human world. Beel told me in the lunch line that on my first year here, the cafeteria served foods from Celestial Realm, Devildom, and the human world because of the exchange students which are me, Solomon, and the two angels: Luke and Simeon. After a few more bites, I decided to bring the topic back up.

     "So, Beel," I said as I sipped on my soda once more. "What were you saying about that spell I broke?"

     Beel took another bite on his sandwich and started explaining. He is explaining while he is chewing on his food. I can still understand what he is saying despite what he is doing.

     "The others were so mad after you forced us to help Mammon," Beel said. "All of us met up in Satan's room before lunch where he showed us the spell you broke. It is a spell that makes us unable to see or hear a certain person. Everyone agreed for it to be you. I actually wanted to back out, but Belphie convinced me. I'm sorry."

     I paused for a moment, letting it all sink in.

     "It is okay if you get mad at us for doing that. I totally get it," Beel added and he put down his sandwich.