Chapter 13: Hard Times Come By

MERIELLE'S POV   

     When I reached the dining hall, I knocked on the door and opened it slightly before anyone could answer. I looked around first and there I saw all of the seven demon brothers, eating and talking as if nothing bad happened earlier. That's a good start... I think?

     "Yo, Merielle!" Mammon called out to me. "Come sit next to me!"

      I smiled at him and entered the room. As I was about to take a seat on the chair beside Mammon, Belphie spoke. 

     "Are you completely out of your mind, Mammon?" Belphie asked.

     "Hey! Am not! What are you even talking about?" Mammon said. Clearly a bit offended.

     "Then who are you speaking to?" Belphie asked once more.

     "Huh? Are ya blind or somethin'?"Mammon asked. He is confused right now and so am I. "Can't ya see that I am speakin' to Merielle?" he continued.

     Belphegor looked around the room. "I can't see anyone."

     "Then somethin' is wrong with your eyes. Merielle is right here. Beside me," Mammon said and he even pointed at me.

     Belphie looked at me then said something that made my heart sink. "I can't see anyone in there, Mammon. Nobody is beside you."

     "Huh?" Mammon asked in confusion.

     "Do you guys see anyone?" Belphie asked the rest of his brothers.

     They all ignored me. They pretended like I didn't exist. They all shook their heads and said they can't see me. Is that really how much they hate me now?

     I inhaled and exhaled then started apologizing.

     "Look, everyone, I am deeply sorry that I gave an order earlier and you did it without a choice. I am so sorry that I forced all of you. But you do have to understand. I have amnesia, remember? I did not know what I can do to all of you. I did not know that you guys have pacts with me that force all of you to do whatever I order without a question. I won't do it again. I promise. Please forgive me,"  I said with all honesty. I really am sorry.

     They all just continued eating. Like-

     "Hey! Did any of ya not listen to what Merielle said?" Mammon asked a bit irritated.

     "We did not hear anything, Mammon," Levi said.

     "Your stupidity is making you see and hear things now, Mammon? Is that how worse your case is now?" Satan said.

     "I am so glad that I am not Mammon," Asmodeus said.

     "You need to eat more food," Beelzebub advised.

     "HEY! What the-" Mammon said, but my quick haste to get out of the dining hall interrupted him.

     I ran outside the dining hall and locked myself inside my room and cried. 

     "I am so... stupid!" I told myself as I threw a pillow across the room and continued crying.

     When I finally composed myself, I got up, opened my laptop, and typed an entry about what happened to start when I met Amadio to me crying here inside my room because of my stupid amnesia. 

     I was done when I remembered that I charged my D.D.D., so I went to check it and when I saw that it was fully charged, I unplugged it from the charger and opened it.

     I was amazed at how customized my D.D.D. is. My lock screen is a picture of me in a uniform and behind it is RAD. I recognized it, because I saw what RAD looks like in a picture back when I was in the human world, inside my car, telling the driver to get me back to the mansion and fast. I swiped the screen up and there was a password needed. It is a good thing that I am quite skilled in hacking and electronics. I was kind of curious at it especially when I added that subject to what I want to learn back in Blooming Lotus Academy. It is like an extracurricular activity. I did what I learned and I successfully unlocked my D.D.D.

     My D.D.D.'s phone screen touched me even more. It is a picture of me in RAD uniform. The background is still RAD, but I am with the seven demon brothers in the picture. All of us are beaming at the camera, but we are in a very wacky position as if it was possible for someone inside a picture to stumble outside the phone, that would have happened here. I saw that I have tons of missed calls and unread messages. I am even quite surprised that I could see a couple of messages from other demons (and two angels and one more human). I read all of them to kill the time. I also did it to somehow get a glimpse at what the seven demon brothers are like and maybe how close all of us are. Or now, maybe the right word is 'were'.

     I just sat there on my bed, reading messages, listening to unlistened voice calls, and taking a look at pictures that are saved on my phone and those in the app called Devilgram. Soon, staring at my D.D.D. took its toll on me and I felt sleepy. I checked the time and sadly, I missed dinner as well. I feel so down right now, I don't think I have an appetite to eat anyway. I will just let Beelzebub eat my dinner. He probably even ate my lunch when I left earlier. I think I just have to lay low on the brothers until everything cools down. If only I could not go to school tomorrow as well to get away from them. Unfortunately, it was Diavolo's orders that I should go to school. I put down my phone and got ready for bed. I was asleep in no time.

________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The picture above is what the dining hall in the House of Lamentation looks like. I don't own the picture. Credits to the real owners.