Chapter 25: Baby Luci

MERIELLE'S POV

"So let me get this straight," Satan said. "You were saying that Lucifer had this some kind of glass vial inside his pocket that broke, making its liquid content get on him. Now, this liquid could be a potion that made Lucifer transform into a baby?"

"Exactly right," I verified.

I am currently at the library, carrying baby Lucifer in my arms, with the rest of his brothers. Mammon, Asmodeus, and I called them urgently once we composed (a bit) ourselves of our shocking new problem. I was the one who picked up Baby Lucifer and wrapped him in the RAD jacket that he was wearing before he transformed into a baby. I couldn't help noticing that all the while I was wrapping him up, he could not look at me, unlike what babies usually do. Well, the human babies that are. Maybe baby demons are different?

"Just when you thought nothing bad is going to happen, one problem will drop by on your doorstep," Belphie complained.

"This time, it is in Lucifer's study," Asmo added.

"To think that all the Make-Merielle-Non-Existent trouble was just over three weeks ago, this suddenly drops in," Belphie said with a loud sigh.

"What were you doing there in Lucifer's room, Merielle?" Levi asked.

I turned to explain as to why I was in Lucifer's study. After I told them everything, it looked like they wanted to say something, but must have thought better and shut their mouths up. They do look sad for some reason.

"So," I said, making everyone came to attention. "Anybody knows how to undo this spell?"

"Maybe Satan knows," Belphie said. "He has read a lot of books. Surely one of them says how to undo this spell."

Satan frowned. "Unfortunately, no," he said.

"And I am guessin' none of us knows any kind of way?" Mammon asked.

Everyone fell silent. The answer is yes.

"Well, we have to do something about this. We have to get the old Lucifer back," I said, sounding desperate.

"Maybe we could go and ask lord Diavolo for help?" Beel suggested.

"Smart on, Beel," I complimented. "Since none of us knows any way on how to undo this... thing that is currently on Lucifer, we will just go to the demon lord's castle right now to go and see Diavolo and ask for his help. Surely, he knows a way to undo this."

We all agreed on the idea and headed our way towards the demon lord's castle. Just when we just reached the gate of the House of Lamentation...

"I have a question," Mammon spoke.

"I bet it is something moronic, but go on," Satan had said.

"With Lucifer now being a baby... does that make me the eldest brother now?" Mammon said with a grin.

"Ugh! Mammon! Now is not the time for your stupid ideas!" Asmodeus shouted.

"Besides, Lucifer just shrank his form. That's all," I said as we hurriedly made our way to the demon lord's castle.

We were all relieved when we finally arrived at the demon lord's castle an hour and a half later. Barbatos, Diavolo's butler, greeted us with his usual proper manner.

"Why, hello! What brings all of you here?" Barbatos asked.

"Is Diavolo here? We need to speak to him," I said.