Chapter 39: Sweet Dreams

MERIELLE'S POV

Belphie dragged me out of Asmo's room in a huff. He doesn't stop to turn back to me or even to take a breath. He really must be in a bad mood now after what happened.

It wasn't long until we reached the attic.

Belphie locked the door while I let myself comfortable and sat on the edge of the only bed inside.

"What were you thinking? Letting your guard down on Asmo is a stupid move," Belphie scolded.

"I'm sorry. It was too sudden," I tried explaining.

Belphie turned around to face me and walked towards me. I looked into his eyes and saw that he is calmer now. His eyes are in its usual, soft look and his face shone with a slight smile.

That's a relief. You know what they say. Someone who rarely gets mad shouldn't be mad if you don't want to end your life yet.

"Don't do that again," Belphie said.

I nodded as a response.

A smile crept on my face as he smiled softly at me. When everything gets tough, I feel like I could run to Belphie whenever I want peace. With the actions accompanied by his older brothers, I need it every now and then.

Belphie climbed on the bed and placed his cow-printed pillow on my lap. Then, he peacefully rested his head on me with a smile.

"Comfortable?" I asked as I stroked his hair gently.

"Mmm... yes," he replied after a yawn escaped his mouth. "I always feel calm when you are around. It is like I would have the sweetest dreams when you are close."

I chuckled softly. I continued stroking his soft hair when he opened his sleepy eyes to look at me.

"What do you say if we... take a nap here for a while?" he said with hopeful eyes. "You had a lot going on with my brothers today. Can you spend some time with me?"

I smiled mischievously while twirling some of his hair strands through my fingers.

"By spending time with you... you mean taking a nap with you, right?" I asked.

"Yes," Belphie confirmed.

"Well..." I said which was cut off with a yawn. "With all of what is going on today," I said as I remembered how many times my heart was caught off guard by each of his brothers. I immediately crushed the memories, ashamed. "I guess I do need a nap."

"Great!" Belphie said with a big smile.

I told Belphie to get up from my lap. We bothlay down on the bed properly side by side. Belphie is on the left side of thebed, his back back facing the closed door to the attic, while I am on the right side of the bed, facing a handsome Belphegor.

"Come closer. I won't bite," Belphie teased under our covers.

I inched closer to Belphie, but he shook his head.

"Not close enough," he complained.

This time, Belphie moved. He closed the tiny gap that we have. To top it all off, he placed his favorite pillow on his side, trapped under his right armpit. Then, Belphie slid his left arm under me, making his left arm wrapped around me, his left hand softly rested on my head. He pulled my head closer to his chest using his left hand as his right arm found its way around me, completely trapping me in his soft, warm, and comforting embrace.

I blushed as Belphie let out a big yawn, then looked at me with his sleepy eyes.

"I won't let you go, Merielle," Belphie whispered.

I don't know if what Belphie meant is that he won't let me go off his embrace while he sleeps or... or... the romantic meaning, but whatever the meaning is, it made my cheeks burn hotter.

Belphie nuzzled his head on my hair, making it look like he gave me a kiss on the head. Not a moment too soon and his breathing softened and I knew that he fell into slumber. It didn't take that long when sleep pulled me in, too.