Chapter 22: The Story of a Lower-Level Demon

MERIELLE'S POV

     "We're here!" Levi announced as we all stepped inside the council room.

     "Where have you all been?!" Lucifer told us angrily. Levi is innocent, of course.

     "We got a little... unspelling side-tracked," I said awkwardly. I really pulled out a lot of courage just to say that.

     "Take your seats, all of you! We will talk about that later," Lucifer said.

     The demons took their seats in the student council room. I stayed still in my place awkwardly. Sure those demons have their official seats in the student council room. From left to right, Satan, Mammon, and Leviathan sat. In the middle is Lucifer. Then it is Asmodeus, Beelzebub, and Belphegor. Diavolo is right above them.

     "Lucifer and his brothers sit on their seats as if this is just a simple manner. Or is that just how they sit?" I asked myself while staring at them, sitting so casually, although they wear very serious facial expressions. Well, Mammon looks like he is ready to kill.

     Olakishon is right in front. He doesn't look very fierce or cool unlike the first time we saw each other. I think being in the presence of the student council does have a chilling effect.

     "Merielle, step forward and stand beside Olakishon," Diavolo ordered.

     I immediately did as I was told. I don't want any more trouble than there already is. Not to mention that Lucifer still has some ranting to do later. Satan, Beel, and I still have to explain later as to why we are late. I will just focus on this matter in front of me first.

     "Olakishon, a male lower-level demon student of the Royal Academy of Diavolo, has tried to kill a female human, Merielle, in the RAD library an hour ago," Barbatos started. He is standing beside Diavolo. 

     "Merielle," Diavolo called and I paid attention. "Please tell us everything that happened."

     Although a bit scared, I told everyone inside the council room what happened and my reasons. Everyone remained silent as I told everyone how Olakishon took my attention, how I slipped out without Mammon, Beel, or Belphie noticing, our talk on our way to the library, and how the darkness became the last thing I saw.

     "Liar!" Olakishon shouted. "I didn't do any of that!"

     "You have your own turn to speak," Lucifer said firmly.

     "And I believe that the time for you to speak, Olakishon, is now," Diavolo said.

     Olakishon cleared his throat and started telling everyone his version of the event. 

     "I was in the cafeteria for lunch," Olakishon said. "I was surprised that when I got out, this human followed me. She said she wanted to befriend me and she followed me to the library where I was going to look for a book that would help me with a project that one of my professors assigned. This human followed me to the library and on the way, we talked about RAD and how other demons look at the student council, with awe and respect. When we get to the library, she simply just bumped her head on a thick book that fell from the top of the bookshelves and she passed out!"

     I scoffed. "If you called me a liar, then I don't know what you call yourself," I said.

     "Did you just say something?" Olakishon growled as he turned to look at me with scarlet eyes.

     I didn't answer. 

     "HEY! Don't you threaten her like that!" Mammon shouted.

     Olakishon flinched and apologized to Mammon. I looked at Mammon and saw him smile at me. I smiled back. I think I owe him one.