A Battle In Vain

Matthew and Tiffany stood in their feline forms as they stared out at the port where Marleyan ships used to dock. Currently, there was one ship that docked there and that ship belonged to the Azumabito who were there on business. The small ragtag team of soldiers began to set their plan in motion as Armin and Connie took off towards the harbor which was occupied by the Jeagerists. Matthew had immediately gone and boarded the ship, while Tiffany took off towards where the Azumabito were located. Gunshots could be heard from within one of the large warehouses, and so the small feline darted inside and made her way up the stairs. The ground shook as the Armored and Female Titans wreaked havoc at the port, allowing for the the children to make their way onto the large ship. Pushing the worry for her comrades out of her mind, Tiffany finally came up to the door where all of the voices came from. Peering inside, her eyes widened when she noticed the Ambassador's bodyguards lying on the floor with blood pooled around them. Shifting into her human form, she rolled a few smoke bombs into the room which filled the room in seconds. Running quickly to where the woman was seated, Tiffany yanked the older woman from her chair and lead her out of the room.

"I'm sorry for the rough exit, but we need to hurry." Tiffany panted as she rushed down the stairs.

"Perfectly alright, child. Thank you for getting me out of there." The older woman huffed tiredly as she placed her hands on her knees.

"Of course, I was tasked to get you to the ship safely. I'm sorry, but we need to keep moving." The young soldier smiled as she urged the woman in front of her.

The females sprinted down the last of the stairs and through the open doors of the building. Outside was in complete chaos as Annie and Reiner destroyed buildings and swatted the Jeagerists away from the large ship. Tiffany ushered the woman a long, until she was close enough to the ship to use her gear for a quick board. The Ambassador quickly hugged onto the girl as she shot through the air. Landing on the deck of the ship, Tiffany gently steadied the woman to keep her from falling. Shortly after, everyone had congregated on the deck and ship began to sail forward.

"Wait! Why is the Marleyan Commander still down there?" Tiffany shouted as she pointed towards the dock.

"This was his choice to stand and fight alongside Shadis to ensure our escape." Annie sighed before turning away and heading inside. 

"Tiffany, we are in the middle of war, so don't let your emotions cloud your judgment. Come inside so that we can smooth out our plans." Hanji spoke as she lead the rest of the group inside. 

Remaining quiet, the young neko walked behind the group as they entered into one of the larger room in the ship. Hanji immediately started speaking about Eren, and Armin would throw in a few observations here and there. As they all conversed, Tiffany kept her gaze out of the window and on the glistening blue water. A hand resting on her shoulder caused the young girl to snap out of her daze and see that practically everyone had left the room. Looked up at the person who stood beside her, she noticed the long light brown hair that rested on top of dark brown roots.

"I know that you're worried, but please try to keep a level head. If you can't, then I'll have to ask that you don't engage in any combat." Jean's frowned as his hand lightly squeezed the girl's shoulder.

"You can't pull me from this fight, Jean. I demand for Eren to answer my questions face to face, not through those weird visions that he gave you. He's betrayed all of our trust and has broken countless promises. I won't stand by and do nothing." Tiffany huffed as she shook the males hand off.

"I'm not asking for you sit idly, but I am asking that you be smart and not jump headfirst into this. I want you to be safe, because other than my mom, you are one of the people I care about most." The male tightly closed his eyes as his head drooped slightly.