Secret Mission

Hours had passed before Erwin arrived with the rest of the Scouts. Armin immediately started spewing off different plans that could be used in order to get Eren back, but Tiffany was still staring off towards where Reiner and Bertholdt disappeared. The only sounds that were being made were the voices of the Commander and Armin, everyone else waited for any command.

"Taffy, are you okay?" Jean's voice sounded from behind her.

"Yeah..." Tiffany sighed as she turned to face the two-toned haired boy.

"You seem out of it. Did you hit your head or something?" Jean smirked as he watched the girl touch her head.

"No, I guess I was just surprised about Reiner and Bertholdt." Tiffany frowned as she looked past Jean.

"Cadet Jones!" Erwin's voice boomed over everyone else's.

"Sir!" Tiffany saluted as she ran up to the commander.

"I spoke to your brother." The Commander whispered as he placed a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"You did?" Tiffany's voice wavered slightly as she looked away from the Commander's face. 

"I think that the plan you made would work, and I want to give you the go ahead." Erwin smiles lightly as he drops his hand from her shoulder.

"Are you serious, Sir? I mean, isn't this plan a little far-fetched?" Tiffany whispered as she glanced around them.

"I thought so at first too, but after speaking with your brother I've learned that he has put quite a bit of thought into this." Erwin explained briefly.

"Then what are my orders, Sir?" Tiffany hardened her salute as she locked gazes with the Commander.

"You are to act independently and report to Matthew, your brother. He will relay everything to me." Erwin orders with a soft smile.

"Yes, Sir. And good luck on your end." Tiffany whispers as she turned away from the Commander.

"Good luck to you as well." Erwin nodded as he watched the small girl walk away.

Soon after their little discussion, the Scouts were all ready to depart and retrieve Eren from the Shifters. Tiffany mounted her horse at the bottom of the wall and waited for the rest of the Scouts. Erwin moved next to her and placed a hand gently on her shoulder. Nodding at him, Tiffany prepared to ride side-by-side with the Commander. It was obvious that Erwin hadn't spoken a word to anyone about her mission, and that was perfectly fine with Tiffany. It would make things easier for her if no one knew what was about to happen. Erwin lead the charge with Tiffany hot on his heels, and she looked behind her to see the three regiments following in pursuit. Frowning, she thought about how the majority of the casualties would be from the Garrisons and Military Police, she continued forward. To her right, Jean had caught up to her and huffed as he watched the seriousness on her face.

"Stay alive today." Jean suddenly speaks as he keeps his gaze ahead.

"I should be saying that to you." Tiffany chuckles as she glances at the boy.

"Whatever happens today, just know that I will always think of you as my best friend." Jean states as he slows his horse slightly.

"I'll miss you." Tiffany whispers as she spurs her horse on.

Erwin had sent a group to enter the forest ahead and flush out the Shifters. Tiffany and Erwin lead the three Regiments around the forest, and in the distance, Reiner's Titan body came barreling out of the trees. Biting her lip, Tiffany watched as he ran away from them. As the scouts approached the Armored Titan, Tiffany noticed Bertholdt with Eren strapped to his back and Ymir had transformed and latched herself onto Reiner. The group of cadets come galloping out of the trees meeting with the rest of us.