Early Graduation

Training had long been resumed in the 104th Cadet Corps, and everyone was preparing for the journey back to Trost. For the last year of training, everyone would be learning the formation for protecting Trost in case of another Titan attack. Mostly everyone dreaded this training because no one really wanted to think about the Titans invading another wall. Instructor Shadis had announced that morning that in a few days time the Cadet Corps would set out. Although most people were excited to go back to civilization, some were not that ecstatic. The past three years of training had been rough for many of the recruits, and a bunch quit the Corps. Most of girls had already packed up the majority of their belongings, while the guys were waiting for the last possible minute to pack. Tiffany had already packed her bag, only because she only had clothes and a few letters from her brother. She ended up walking around the training grounds while everyone else was inside their respective cabins. 

"Hey! Taffy!" Someone yelled as they ran across the path.

"Huh? Oh, hey Marco." Tiffany smiled up at the taller boy.

"How come you're not packing?" He asked as he rubbed the back of his head.

"I'm done already. I just thought that maybe I could walk around the grounds for a while, since I won't be returning here for a long time." She explained as she looked ahead of the two.

"Oh, okay. I finished packing my stuff earlier too. Everyone else just hasn't started yet." Marco laughed as he looked back at his cabin.

"So, do you think that maybe we will stay friends after we have chosen our branches?" Tiffany asked as she stopped walking.

"Yeah I think so! I'd be stupid to ever lose a friend like you!" Marco stated with wide eyes.

"Cadet Jones!" Shadis yelled from a little ways behind the two.

"Sir!" Tiffany saluted as she turned to face the man.

"I need you in my office, now." The man sighed as he turned away from her.

Tiffany immediately left with the Instructor and followed behind him. Marco was slightly confused about why Shadis needed to see Tiffany, but decided that he would ask later when he saw her. Many cadets saw Tiffany walking with Shadis, and all were surprised to see the two walking calmly together. A few cadets in particular were very curious as to why the two were walking together, and were trying to figure out what was going on.

"Cadet Jones." Shadis calls as he enters his office.

"Yes, Sir?" Tiffany salutes as she watches the man sit down.

"I have a matter that needs to be discussed with you." Shadis states as he rests his chin on his hands.

"Okay."

"According to your scores, you are well above the rest of the Cadets. As a collective vote of all the instructors here. We have decided to let you graduate early. You will be picking your branch after this meeting." Shadis states with a faint smile on his face. 

"You mean, I'm done with training?" Tiffany asked with a shocked expression.

"Yes. Now, which branch would you like to join?" 

"I don't know yet, Sir. Can I wait to chose until everyone else does?" Tiffany asked hopefully.

"Well, I suppose we can let you do that, but you will be stationed in Trost for the time being." Shadis nodded as he stood up.

"Thank you, Sir." Tiffany stands and salutes.

"You leave to go back to Trost tomorrow." He sighs while rubbing his forehead.