57th Expedition pt 1

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow would be their first expedition beyond the walls, and everyone was beyond nervous about what the outcome would be. Tiffany barely saw Eren throughout their time at the Headquarters, although she knew that Mikasa and Armin had seen him quite a bit. Night was falling and everyone had started to head towards their rooms so that they could get some needed rest for the excursion tomorrow. But there were a few people who had decided to venture out into the forest, instead of going to bed.

"So the plan is being set into motion now?" A voice asked as they walked through the trees.

"Yes, Annie already has the information that we got, so it shouldn't be too hard for her."

"I just hope that she doesn't get caught."

"Me too, but we should also hope that we ourselves don't get caught up with her."

"She is supposed to come up from the right, so she would be running into you."

"Yeah, that way if there needs to be a change of plans we can communicate somehow."

Tiffany listened carefully as she stared in shock at the two boys conversing in the clearing. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. They knew. She knew that there was something weird about their smells, but she didn't want to believe they were in the same league as Annie. Frowning she stepped back, only to curse herself as she stepped onto a twig. 

"Who's there!" Reiner called out as he spun around to face where Tiffany was hiding.

"It could just be an animal, Reiner." Bertholdt sighs as he placed a hand on the bulkier boy's shoulder.

"We won't know until we look." Reiner growled as he moved to the bush and pulled the branches away.

"A cat?" Bertholdt asks as he looks over Reiner.

"I guess you were right." Reiner sighs.

Holy crap that was close...Tiffany thought as she stared up at the two boys before her. She knew that she could just run from them, but she also wanted to know about their plans. Torn between the two choices, she finally decided to stay. Stalking over to where the boys now stood, Tiffany rubbed her body against Bertholdt's leg and meowed. 

"I think it likes you." Reiner chuckled as he watched the giant.

"Really?" Bertholdt asked as he picked up the cat.

"Meow." The cat mewed as she tried to not lash out at Bertholdt's tight grip.

"Anyways, Annie will be able to be flexible with what ever happens tomorrow, so we shouldn't have to worry." Reiner states as he turns away from the giant.

"Right. Then should we had back to HQ?" Bertholdt asks quietly.

"Yeah."

Tiffany took that as her cue to get away from the two, and bit down on Bertholdt's hand.

"Ow!" Bertholdt yelled as he released the cat from his grip.

"The hell?" Reiner asked as he spun around to witness the cat scampering away from the two.

"She bit me." Bertholdt whined as he rubbed his hand.

"That's weird. I thought that the cat took a liking to you." Reiner frowned as he looked at the cat, who now stood between them and the trees.

"Why are those eyes familiar?" Bertholdt asked as he stared in front of them.

"What do you mean?" Reiner asked.

"That's the cat from Trost! Remember, we saw a cat before we found Tiffany!" Bertholdt suddenly blurted as he pointed at the cat.

"Oh yeah, but then why is the cat here?" Reiner asked as he looked back at his friend.