Trapped In

The Quinta District isn't a very well-known place, many people wouldn't have actually heard or ventured there unless they had some sort of business. The occupants of Quinta are known to keep out of the Military, and only those of certain families have a say in the government. Other than that, Quinta is a very quiet place and peaceful place.

"Tiffany Jones!" A baker yelled as he wiped flour off of his face.

"What's the matter, Grandpa Greg?" The younger girl asked as she held her hand over her mouth.

"Clean up this mess you made! When you're done I need you to make a few deliveries." The older man shouted before patting the girl's head.

Tiffany Jones, a bright little girl who loves to be as helpful as her little body will allow, but can also be an awful prankster. She worked at a small bakery with an older gentleman named, Gregory Laurde. Surprisingly, Tiffany wouldn't be the first Jones to have worked in the bakery with Greg, in fact, she would be the third. Sarai Jones (her mother) and Matthew Jones (older brother) both had worked at the bakery years ago.

Interesting enough, the Jones family had made a name for themselves and were known by almost everyone within the district. The men of the family were hunters, while the women mostly did housework. Tiffany on the other hand would sometimes sneak off and follow the hunters. She was more of the outdoors type of girl, and she enjoyed watching her family hunt. Although her mother always told her to pay more attention to the housework, Tiffany couldn't help but wait for when she could actually go hunting with her brother.

"Mom, I'm home!" Tiffany called as she entered their little home.

"Welcome back, Taffy." Her mother greeted from the kitchen.

The two worked in the kitchen in silence as they prepared dinner for the family. Both Mr. Jones and Matthew should be home soon from outside of the district, and the two females were excited to see what they would bring home this time. The sun had started to set, and the stew had finally finished heating up. The boys though still hadn't arrived home, and Tiffany's mother was starting to worry. But much to their relief, Matthew came sauntering in a few minutes later.

"Matthew! What did you catch today?" Tiffany asked excitedly.

"Don't know, why don't you go outside to the shed and look?" Matthew smirked as he watched the girl dart out of the house.

"It's because you treat her like that she wants to be a hunter like you." Mother stated as she glared at the taller boy.

"I'm sorry mom, but we have to let her grow and choose what she wants to do with her life." He shrugged as he went to freshen up.

A few minutes later, Tiffany and dad came into the house. Seeing the scowl on mom's face, dad ushered Tiffany upstairs so that she too could clean up for dinner.

"You don't always have to look so angry when the girl shows interest in hunting, Sarai." The man sighed as he continued to stare at the stairs.

"But she is supposed to work in the home, not go outside all the time." Sarai scolded as she poured the stew into four bowls.

"She's a Jones, Sarai. We want to go outside and explore. The Jones family are supposed to be hunters, so what's the matter with Tiffany wanting to be one?"

"Damn it, Allen. She is a girl, and she is supposed to be a housewife in the future. She can't fulfill any of her house duties if she is roaming around outside like a little boy." The woman yelled as she slammed one of the bowls onto the table.

Silence filled the air as no one made the effort to speak anymore, even the upstairs was quiet. The two siblings on the second floor frowned as they peered down the stairs. Their parents were staring at each other, and it didn't seem like anyone would be moving anytime soon. Looking at each other briefly, Matthew takes Tiffany's hand and leads her down the stairs and to the table. Sitting down quietly, the two began to eat their food while their parents continued to stare at each other. Sighing loudly, Sarai moved to take her seat next to Tiffany and began eating. Tiffany's father soon following suit, and the small family ate their meal in silence. After dinner, Tiffany and Matthew washed and dried the dishes together, and after that the two went upstairs to go to bed.

"Hey, Matthew?"

"What is it?" Said boy sighed as he tucked his little sister in bed.

"Why does mom always get so mad?" Tiffany asked as she stared up at her older brother.

"She doesn't want you to get hurt or anything. I mean, hunting can be very dangerous and people get hurt all the time." Matthew stated as he kissed the girl's forehead.

"But I have really good eyesight and reflexes." The girl protested as she rolled way from the chuckling boy.

"You're still young."

"I'm 10."

"Yeah still young." Matthew laughed at the girl.

Growling at the boy, Tiffany said goodnight and drifted to sleep. Matthew on the other hand went back downstairs and sat with their parents. Sarai was still upset about Tiffany's un-ladylike behavior, but she decided to let it slide since Matthew was there.

"We are going to hunting tomorrow, and I think that we will take Tiffany for the day." Allen stated as he leaned back in the chair.

"You're what!?" Sarai yelled as she shot up out of her chair.

"Shh! Taffy is sleeping, and I don't think we should wake her up." Matthew sighed as he rubbed his temple roughly.

"Why would you want to take her with you?" Sarai whispered as she sat back down.

"You know of our abilities, and you know that Tiffany has the chance to inherit them. I want to take her to the forest so that I can test her."

"Dad, don't you think it's too soon? I mean, you didn't test me until a year or so ago."

"I understand, Allen. But the three of you better be back before nightfall this time." Sarai sighed as she ventured up the stairs and disappeared out of sight.

"Dad do you think that she will have the ability? I mean not everyone gets it."

"I believe that will. Haven't you seen the girl's agility?" Father spoke lightly as he moved closer to the fireplace.

"Yeah, I have. When do you want to head out?" Matthew sighed as he started walk away.

"First light." Father stated as he snuffed out the fire and followed behind the boy.

+++Time Skip+++

"Hey Taffy. Get up, you're coming with me and dad." Matthew whispered as he shook the younger girl.

"Where are we going?"

"Hunting." The boy sighed as he watched the girl jump out of bed and get dressed.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" She yelled as she ran out the door.

"I see someone is in high spirits." Father laughed as he stood by the door.

"I get to go hunting with you guys! Of course I'm gonna be excited!" Tiffany shouted as she started dragging the two men with her.

Laughing the group of three walked out of the district and continued towards where the Jones family hunt. It was a few miles away from the gates, and no one hunts in this particular forest. So it made it easier for the members of the Jones family to access their abilities. Upon entering the forest, Allen led the siblings into the center of the forest, and towards the trees that had already been set up of hunting. According to Matthew, today they would be hunting for rabbits and other smaller creatures.

"Taffy, how's your eyes?" Allen asked as he pulled out his bow.

"They're great." She whispers slightly and looks down at the ground.

"Alright, I want you to focus really hard on your hearing and balance for right now. So if you would crawl across this branch until you are near the end." He motions towards the end of the branch that they were sitting on.

Hesitating slightly, Tiffany lets out a deep breath before standing up and facing the direction that she planned on going. She closed her eyes and listened to all the sounds around her, and she relaxed slightly so that she could keep her balance. After a few minutes of silence, every noise became clearer and her balance was perfect. She reached the end of the branch and crouched down so that she could see the ground better through the leaves.

"You did great." Matthew whispers as he watched Tiffany accomplish the little assignment she was given.

"Would you like to see yourself?" Allen asked as he laughed at the confusion of the girl's face.

"What do you mean?"

"Look." Allen held out a mirror for Tiffany to see the cat ears on the top of her head.

"How? I mean, this is so cool!" She squealed as she look up at her brother.

"You're a Jones. We all have that ability." Matthew stated as his ears and tail appeared.

Tiffany stared in awe as she realized that she had this really cool ability. Her father then motioned to Matthew that they needed to start hunting, and that they would talk about the other ability that they possess later. Tiffany and Matthew were working together since Tiffany didn't have a bow yet, so she was the spotter. She would point out any small animal, and Matthew would shoot it before it got away. The day went on like that until the sun had started to set, and Allen ushered the two back towards the district.

"Damn, we got so caught up in hunting that we forgot to check where the sun was." Allen sighed as he led the group back.

"Dad?" Tiffany asked as she slowed her pace down.

"What's wrong, Taffy?"

"There's something wrong. The air smells weird." Tiffany muttered as she gripped onto Matthew's hand.

"You're right. We need to get to the gate quickly." Allen nodded and looked over at Matthew who was staring across the plains.

The three picked up their pace and once the gate came into view, they realized why things didn't feel right. Titans were lingering around the gates, and it seemed that they were trying to get through. Panic started to build up in Tiffany's mind and the grip she had on Matthew's hand tightened.

"Don't worry, Taffy. The titans won't notice us because of what we are." Matthew smiled as he patter her head.

"Let's just hope there are no Abnormals. Those are the only ones that will attack us. We need to find a place where we can enter, since they might not open the gates." Allen muttered as he motioned for the two to follow him.

Allen came up to the side of one of the abandoned houses and peered at the gates. Tiffany was still panicking, and hoping that they wouldn't get attacked by the Titans that were nearby. Watching her dad carefully, Tiffany noticed how his ears had flattened against his head. Curiosity started to build up, and she watched as he suddenly transformed into a cat. He had light brown fur with a few blotches of black on his back. His eyes were a green color just like his human eyes, and his ears were slightly folded. Flabbergasted, Tiffany looked up at Matthew who just stood there laughing at her dubious expression and motioned for her to sit down.

"Well, now you know that we can also turn into cats." He laughed quietly.

"How do you do that?"

"Just concentrate, we can communicate with each other in out cat forms as well. Just don't try to speak with people when in that form." Matthew instructed as he watched the confusion turn into determination.

A few minutes later, their father came back around the corner with a grim face. This caused the two become very nervous about what he needed to say. It was quiet for a few minutes and the silence was starting to scare Tiffany.

"We need to get moving. There is a very small opening in the gate that we can fit through in our feline forms." The man stated as he transformed once again into his cat form.

Nodding slightly, Matthew turned into his cat form and looked up at Tiffany, who still had yet to transform. Although she was too busy taking in Matthew's appearance to even concentrate on transforming. Matthew was an all white cat, with striking blue eyes. He nudged Tiffany's leg slightly, causing her to snap out of her little trance, and focus on her own transformation. After a minute or two of concentration, she felt her body jolt and constrict. Although she didn't dare open her eyes until she heard her father chuckling at her. Opening her eyes slowly, she looked down and noticed that instead of hands, she had paws. Jumping slightly at her new appearance, she stood up and tried to look at herself. From what she could see, her fur was all black, but because she couldn't see a reflection she didn't know what her face looked like.

"We need to get going." Allen stated as he turned around and scampered ahead.

"Right! Come one Matthew, or else you'll get left behind!" Tiffany yelled as she hurried after her father.

Laughing at his sister, Matthew took off after the other two. The group made it to the gate in less that ten minutes, and they crawled under the opening of the gate. Apparently, the Government and Military Officials had taken off in a hurry, while a few Garrison soldiers had managed to close the gate most of the way before scurrying off as well. Making it through the gate, Tiffany noticed that none of the Titans had actually entered the district, so everyone inside was safe. The three cats darted through the town, and raced through an open window located on the back of their house.

"Mom!" Tiffany yelled as soon as she reverted back to her human form.

"You guys are back! I was so worried about you all! The gate was being closed and I was worried that you would all be trapped outside!" The woman cried as she pulled the three into a gigantic hug.

"We made it back, so there is nothing to worry about. The gate isn't closed all the way, but I don't think that the Titans can actually enter it. We all have enough food to last us a while so we should be find, as long as no one tries to open the gate." Allen stated as he pulled away from the hug.

Smiling the woman released the three and dragged them into the kitchen so that they could eat. Although, she was still worried about the Titans that had conveniently positioned themselves around the walls. There was no way for anyone to travel to or from Quinta, and so food would have to be scavenged from within the district. All anyone could do within the walls was pray that the Titans stayed on the opposite side.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't own the story, and we obviously know who it does belong to
Although I do own Tiffany and family
For those who might be confused: The Quinta District is a western district of Wall Maria. It is mentioned in the Attack On Titan: The Harsh Mistress of The City. Although not mentioned in the original AOT story, I am using just the fall of Wall Maria (from AOT: The Harsh Mistress) in my story.