The Final Battle

Scrunching her eyes in pain, Tiffany grumbled and pushed at the arms that restricted her movement. Peaking her eyes open, she immediately closed them when the bright sun shone in her eyes.

"Taffy! Are you okay?" Jean shouted as he ripped her from Matthew's arms, which resulted in quiet insults to be thrown by the older male.

"Give me a second to breathe, please. I feel like I've just been crushed by a titan." The girl hissed as she brought her hands up to her face.

"Don't you ever do that again! You hear me?" The two-toned haired boy continued shouting as he shook the girl back and forth.

"Yeah, I got it, please stop screaming." Tiffany peaked her eyes open again to see the faces of their group around her.

Sighs of relief escaped from everyone in the group as they all exchanged glances briefly. Although, after examining each face that surrounded her, she gasped in horror as she missed two faces in the group.

"Where's Armin and Reiner?" She shook off Jean's hands as she glanced at Mikasa and Levi.

"They're still over there." Levi pointed behind them.

"Armin shifted into his titan form and Reiner is on the ground." Mikasa nodded as she glanced behind them.

"Look!" Gabi's voice brought everyone's attention to what was in front of them.

Eyes widening in surprise, the group took notice of a large grouping of people huddled on a large plateau staring at them in a mixture of shock and horror. As Falco landed on the edge of the plateau, the group of Islanders shifted uncomfortably in their spots as Gabi dove onto the ground and ran towards her family. Shortly after Gabi's feet hit the ground, Pieck and Annie followed suit rushing to their families. Pushing herself off of Falco's back, Tiffany landed roughly on her feet and watched as her newfound friends hugged their families.

"It's nice to see them all smiling with their loved ones, isn't it?" Matthew's voice whispered as he rested his hand on her shoulder.

"It is." Tiffany smiled as she looked up at her brother.

The two smiled at each other, as they stepped off to the side so that they could have a bit more privacy. Walking around Falco's decaying titan form, as he had also gone to see his family, the siblings sat themselves on the edge and stared out at the smoke rising from blast. As the silence between continued, a small sigh of contentment escaped Matthew's lips as he returned his gaze to his little sister.

"You alright? You almost like an old man with all that sighing you're doing." Tiffany giggled as she raised her brow at the older man.

"I'm fine, just admiring how much you've grown up. Who would have thought that you grow up to be an amazing soldier." He smiled warmly.

"Who would've thought that you would turn into some sentimental mush." Her giggles continued as she watched his face contort into disgust before a smile returned to lips.

"Laugh it up while you can, brat. I'm just glad that you are safe. Honestly, you had me worried sick when I found out you were trapped. What happened anyway?" Matthew chuckled lightly before a frown settled on his face.

"I was trying to help Pieck, but, it was my fault for getting caught. She had gone to try and detonate the bomb near Eren's head and when I saw the War Hammer titan forming behind her, I tried to warn her. I ended up getting caught by the War Hammer titan, but I did escape! I just didn't realize until it was too late that Reiner was not the titan below me." Tiffany sighed as she rubbed her sides gently, wincing slightly at the pain in her sides.

"That thing survived the blast?" Connie shouted as he pointed down towards where the large centipede was thrashing around.

"Look Auntie! Reiner is still fighting!" Gabi's voice cut through as she watched intently.