Is This Goodbye or See You Later?

"I'm sorry, Jean. I am so sorry." Tiffany whispered as she rested her head against Jean's chest.

"It's okay, we are going to get you home. You're mission is over now." Jean smiled as he hugged her tightly.

The two remained silent for a few minutes before Jean lifted Tiffany into his arms and maneuvered his gear to the top of the wall. He lead the girl towards the Commander and other Scouts. Upon the two catching up with the other Scouts, Tiffany remained silent as everyone began talking about the missing Shifters in the area. After a few minutes of listening to everyone speak, Armin took notice of the Neko girl behind Jean.

"Tiffany! I'm so glad to see you!" Armin suddenly shouted as he darted in front of the girl.

"Hello, Armin. I'm so happy that you are all safe." She smiled as she looked around at everyone there.

"Do you know where Reiner and Bertholdt are? You've been with them this whole time." Eren growls as he grabs Tiffany by the shoulders.

"I don't know, they never told me where they would be. I only knew that they were going to be separating until Reiner gave his signal." Tiffany frowned as she removed Eren's hands from her shoulders.

"What do you mean, 'you don't know'! You've been with them this whole time! You were supposed to watching them and gaining as must information about the plans as possible! What have you been doing this whole time?" Eren shouts as reaches out and grabs the girl's arm roughly.

"Eren, calm down. They might not have told her all the details of their plan because there is still doubt that she is on their side. I've already dispatched Scouts to scour the walls for any hollow parts." Armin pleads as he grabs onto his friend's wrist.

"This is ridiculous! Erwin gave her a mission and she failed. We might as well just cut our losses and chalk this up to be a betrayal by her too." The boy shouts as he grips harder on Tiffany's arm.

"Ouch, Eren! Let go of me!" She cries out as she tries to pry his hand off.

"Eren, that's enough. You're hurting her." Jean cuts in as he rips the boy away from Tiffany.

Suddenly a shout from below could be heard before a flash of lightning came down before the group. Erwin shouted his orders stating that the teams he had assigned earlier needed to depart and handle the Armored Titan quickly. Tiffany watched as her friends all jumped off the wall with new equipment called, Thunder Spears. 

"Cadet Jones." Erwin suddenly calls.

"Yes, Sir?" Tiffany salutes and faces the Commander of the Scouting Regiment.

"Despite what Eren has said, you have done a marvelous job in your mission. We have moved much farther in our preparations because of the information that you reported to Matthew. Even though you did hold a lot of information from us, I do believe that it was a smart decision on your part. If they had realized what your intentions were, you might have been killed. I want to ask you to continue to watch their movements and report, if they are to try and escape from here." Erwin spoke swiftly as he looked out on Shiganshina.

"I will do my best, Sir. But there is one issue with your plan. Zeke does not trust me, and if he is in charge of their retreat then he will not take me with them." The girl frowned as she dropped her hands to her sides.

"Alright I understand, just do what you can." The Commander smiled before returning to his position looking out among the titans that surrounded them.

Tiffany remained in her spot as she looked ahead of her and watched as Eren, who had shifted into his Titan, fought with Reiner. Taking a deep breath, she made her way back to the ground in he Shiganshina district. The sounds of Titans fighting could be heard all throughout the district, and finally the sound of the Armored Titan's scream echoed throughout the city. Freezing in her spot, Tiffany ran through the streets until she made it to where Reiner had fallen. As she was running, Bertholdt had suddenly appeared above her, bursting from a barrel. Just as quickly as he appeared, Bertholdt disappeared using the maneuver gear that he had stolen weeks in advance. Reaching where Reiner had collapsed, Tiffany saw that the large Armored Titan was laying on it's back with steam pouring from around the back of the neck. Bertholdt's voice could be hear as he shouted back and forth with Armin, and Tiffany made her way beside Reiner.