Unraveling

As the ship landed at the docks of Paradis Island, Matthew retrieved his sleeping sister and carried her onto solid ground. The other soldiers had already disembarked the airship and went their separate ways to complete their duties, while the Original Scouting Regiment escorted Eren inside one of the buildings. Stirring from her much needed nap, Tiffany opened her eyes to see the sky briefly before the ceilings of stone blocked her view. Glancing around discreetly, she noticed that nothing had really changed since the last time she was here.

"Alright! We have decided on how we are going to play this out." Hanji suddenly spoke, starling the half asleep girl. 

"I thought we already figured this out." Connie mumbled as he gazed back towards the water.

"Eren is due for his trail as soon as we arrive at the inner city, but Tiffany will be staying with Levi in a remote place keeping watch over Zeke." Hanji stated, oblivious to the bald-headed boy.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to have her around that guy?" Matthew sighed as he sat his sister down on one of the crates nearby.

"If you're asking whether or not she'll be safe, then you won't have much to worry about. We are all working to make sure that Four-Eyes doesn't do anything, and we are going to be actively keeping the Yeager brothers apart. I think, she would be safer with me, compared to being in the city." Levi explained briefly with his signature scowl.

"I'm fine with their verdict, Matthew. If that's how they want to play out our punishments, then so be it." Tiffany's voice had sounded strong, but anyone could see that she was not comfortable with the decision.

"Perfect! Then, Levi, go ahead and start grabbing your team. The rest of us need to onto the train, so that we aren't late for Eren's hearing." Hanji ordered before ushering the others away.

"Are you sure you'll be okay, Taffy?" Matthew frowned as he turned to his little sister.

"I'll be fine, they may even use you as a messenger like they did to me. We'll see each other again soon." The girl smiled warmly before gesturing the taller male to follow their comrades.

Giving her a small nod, Matthew smiled and followed after the others onto the train. Once he and the others were gone, Tiffany looked over to see Levi still standing in his place with a pensive look.

"Is something wrong, Captain?" She asked as she hopped off the crate.

"No." Levi grunted before turning to walk away.

His shortness caused a little anxiety to well up in the young girl, but she figured due to her decisions to work with Eren, it would cause a little friction with her comrades. Following after the short male silently, she noticed a few weary glances were thrown her way. Especially by those who are a part of Levi's new team. Whispers could be heard bouncing back and forth as they worked to get all of their supplies, and Zeke could be seen lounging in one of the wagons. Zeke Yeager's gaze was fixed on the fidgeting girl in amusement, as she offered to help pack things up. Ultimately, she ended up just standing there as no one wished for her help and shooed her away whenever she got close. After some time, Levi snapped at the soldiers for taking too long and for wasting a helping hand and got everything moving. Jumping into another wagon, Tiffany watched as the stone roads turned to a dirt path. The stone buildings that lined the cliffs at the ocean disappeared and plains of green grass replaced them. Trees dotted the landscape, and even some animals could be seen roaming around happily. The team of soldiers soon arrived at a large wood with giant trees, and began to make their way towards the center to make camp. Zeke moved to the ground and began reading a book, while everyone else began working to set up their encampment.