Troublesome Times

"Report." Erwin's voice echoed throughout his small room.

"It looks like the Reeves company has joined forces with the Survey Corps. Although, I have a very bad feeling about this." Matthew frowns as he rubs the back of his neck.

"What do you mean? Did something happen on your way back?" The Commander questioned as his brows furrowed in confusion.

"The Government has been moving in weird ways lately. I've noticed that some of MP's Interior Squad has appeared in the Trost District. I think that now that Reeves has changed his allegiance from the Government, he might be in danger." Matthew's voice softened as he glanced around the room.

"I see. Then I want you to keep an eye on Reeves and his boy. They both will be of great use to us. You're dismissed." Erwin closed his eyes as he motioned to the door.

"Yes Sir, I'll return if anything happens." The Neko boy bowed before disappearing through the door.

Matthew trekked out of the Military compound that Erwin resided in, and made his way back to the city of Trost. He honestly wasn't sure whether or not to spend the day in Sina, or just haul ass back to his post. After making it to the gate that opened up to Wall Rose, he finally decided to just walk until he made it to Trost. The walk would be long, but Matthew decided that he could use the time to think about how everything was going. So much had happened since he began working for Erwin. Tiffany had been gone for so long, and Matthew knew that it would be much longer before he would physically see her again. Well, it would be a long time before anyone within the walls would see her again. Matthew started to wonder if the cadets even missed her, or even if they cared about her well-being. Clenching his fist, the boy remembered one of his first conversations with the cadets of the 104th. 

Humans...Their trust is as sturdy as flowers. 

The thought echoed throughout his head as his brows furrowed in frustration. His thoughts occupied his mind to a point where he wasn't even conscious of where he was until he was standing at the gate of Trost. A sigh escaped his lips as he ventured inside the walled district. Making his way towards where the Reeves storehouses were, Matthew glanced around the streets to see if there were any people out of place. The Interior MP Squad were still stationed around the Military barracks, and a few hooded soldiers came sauntering out. Narrowing his eyes, Matthew shrunk back into an alley and shifted into his feline form. Taking a deep breath, he scurried across the alley and made a bee-line towards the storehouses. The sun had begun to set and the area around the Reeves company was deserted, except for the Boss and his son. Glancing behind him, Matthew noticed two of the hooded soldiers making their way onto the street. Running towards the two Reeves men, he ducked around a corner and shifted back into his human form. 

"Reeves." Matthew whisper-yelled from behind another corner.

"Wha-?" The man's son gaped as he whirled around in fright.

"Shh! This way." Matthew motioned rigorously.

"Boy, why are you here?" Reeves asked as he leaned against the wall.

"Did everything go according to plan?" The tallest of the three asked as he glanced around worriedly.

"Yes, the two from the Interior Squad were captured last night. Where were you?" The boy asked as he narrowed his eyes in suspicion. 

"I was making a report to the Commander. We need to go, now." Matthew grunted as he pulled the two down the alley.

"Where are we going?" Reeves growled as he pulled his arm out of the Matthew's grasp.

"Away from here, or would you rather die here?" The neko male sighed as he stopped walking altogether. 

"Die?" Reeves' son squeaked as he went rigid.