Broken Promise

Weeks turned to months, and Tiffany's visits to Eren remained scarce as she was quite literally thrown out of the compound multiple times. Eren had made known that he had managed to talk a child warrior into running their messages to their friends, by telling the child it was going to family. The young neko was especially ecstatic to see her old friends from the island, but she still had a sinking feeling whenever she thought about them coming to Marley. Of course, she had no idea what Eren had been sending the group but she knew that everyone would be coming to retrieve them soon. Sitting her in usual perch on Reiner's windowsill, she watched as people walked around happily. She had remained in her feline ever since the night that she spoke to Reiner, and she hadn't uttered a word to him since then either. Whenever he came home, she would spend her time wandering downstairs or sleeping on Karina's lap. Throughout the past several months that she had been living under the Braun's roof, she gained more information about how the world saw them. The Eldians, as they were called, were all descendants of the Devil and they were the number one enemy of the world. Every nation wanted to rid the world of Eldians, but Marley wanted to use the Eldians as weapons and soldiers. The people here were treated poorly, but they accepted it as atonement for their people's past actions Tiffany thought that their way of thinking was rather extreme, but she noticed that it was how they were raised. Frowning at her own thoughts, she continued to sit silently and watch the people continue their daily routines from her window seat. 

"Hey, Taffy. Tonight we're all going to square to see the show. If you'd like to come, I can carry you around." Reiner suddenly walked inside the room.

"I suppose, it would be good for me to get of the house." She whispered as she allowed the large man to pick her up.

"I'm surprised you spoke to me. I figured you would just stare at me." He chuckled as he cradled the feline in his arms.

"Don't get used to it." She grumbled.

Frowning at her short response, Reiner walked out of his room and towards the front door.

"Here's some extra cash for you, Reiner. I'm sure there will be a lot of new things for you to discover today at the festival!" Karina called as she handed over some money.

"You didn't have to, Mom, but thank you." He smiled as he shoved the money into his wallet.

The woman smiled, before patting Tiffany on the head and returning to her project in the kitchen. Seeing as he no longer had any distractions, he made his over to Gabi's home so that they could go to the festival together. Upon arrival, Reiner was told he'd have to wait for his cousin because she overslept. Granted, moments after the comment, the young girl came barreling down the stairs and out the door of the home. The adults all laughed at the young girl's antics, and Reiner quickly followed after her. Tiffany watched as the children ran around and asked for each different type of food, and watched as all the money that the large man brought dwindled into extinction. Small snorts could be heard coming from the cat as Reiner stared in misery at his empty wallet, which caused the children to look at the cat in concern as they walked around.

"Shut it, Taffy. It's not funny." Reiner mumbled under his breath.

"Reiner, is something wrong with your cat? Maybe it choked on something, can I take a look?" A skinny boy asked from beside Gabi.

"Uhm, sure." The larger male stuttered as he handed the tense feline over.

Gingerly accepting the cat, the boy cradled her gently in his arms. Running his small fingers through the Tiffany's fur, she couldn't help but purr. Cracking one eye open, she took notice of the scowl on Reiner's face as he watched the interaction. 

"Wow, she's so soft and pretty! What's her name?" The boy asked.

"Reiner called her, Taffy. But I still think she should've been named, Blackie. What do you think, Udo?" Gabi laughed as she swung her arm around the boy's neck.