57th Expedition pt 2

Thundering sounds echoed throughout the forest as the group of cadets stood at the forest's edge. No one really knew about what was going on, but Armin had seemed to figure out what the Erwin's plan was after a short time of watching the Titans. The group was getting restless, as the number of Titan's grew and before long the Squad Leader was starting to grow irritated.

"Sir! If I may speak to you." Tiffany spoke as she faced the Squad Leader.

"What?" The man snapped as he turned to face the girl.

"It's been quiet for a while. I suggest that someone is sent to see if the main troop is alright." Tiffany stated as she watched the man's brows crease. 

"And I assume that you will be able to do the job?" The Squad Leader asked as he placed his hand on his head.

"I can, Sir."

"Then go." The man stated as he turned from her.

"Tiffany." Reiner spoke quietly.

"Yes?" Tiffany stood close to the larger boy.

"Find out if they know and tell me." Reiner whispers as he took a step away from the girl.

"Right."

Taking off into the trees, Tiffany made her way through the forest and towards the center. It seemed like forever before she made it into the clearing where Annie was anchored. Surprised by the sight, Tiffany landed in the trees above and looked at the Scouts that littered the area.

"Cadet! What are you doing here?" Erwin called as he made eye contact with the girl.

"Sir! I was sent as a scout from one of the squads." Tiffany stated as she landed next to the Commander.

"You are Cadet Jones, correct?" Levi asked as he moved his gaze to the girl.

"Yes, Sir." 

But before another word could be uttered, an ear piercing scream echoed throughout the forest. Covering their ears, the group looked over at the Female Titan before them. After she finished, Squad Leader Mike landed next to Erwin and gripped his swords.

"The Titans are coming."

"Which way?"

"Everywhere, they are surrounding us."

"Protect the Female Titan!" Erwin's voice echoed through the clearing as Titans filed in.

Tiffany jumped into the fray in order to help her fellow comrades but soon realized where the Titans were headed. Changing her direction, Tiffany landed on top of the Female Titan's head and looked down at the nape of the neck. Clenching her fist she turned towards where the other Scouts were. Waiting another moment, she noticed Annie leaving the clearing.

"Commander!" Tiffany called as she landed next to him.

"Yes?" 

"Permission to leave the clearing. I have the feeling that the shifter escaped." Tiffany requested as she stared into the man's eyes.

"Permission granted."

Nodding her head, she took off towards where Annie had disappeared and looked for the scout symbol. Speeding through the forest she found herself face to face with Eren's squad.

"Taffy!" Eren yelled as the group passed her.

"Eren! Keep going and don't turn around!" Tiffany called as she circled a tree.

"Don't go that way! Gunther has been killed!" Eren pleaded as he held tears in his eyes.

Not wanting to listen to Eren's warning, Tiffany circled the tree again to come face to face with Annie. Swords clashing, Tiffany pushed the blonde off of her only to get blasted back by the explosion of Annie's transformation. Grunting softly, Tiffany pushed off the ground and looked towards where the Female Titan stood. Making her way up into the trees, she notices the remnants of the Levi squad fighting the Female. Sighing in relief with Eren is out of sight, Tiffany readies her blades as she watches for an opening. Although that opening never comes when she watches the rest of the squad get annihilated. Screaming could be heard in the distance, and Tiffany knew that Eren was on his way back to fight the Titan. Finally seeing Eren clear the trees, Tiffany frowned as she watched the boy transform into his Titan form. The fight seemed to be going in Eren's favor, as Annie's hands had been unusable. Although her thoughts were cut short when she noticed that Annie was fully healed now. Tiffany would have to wait for the perfect opportunity to jump in and save Eren from Annie, but she wasn't exactly sure how she would escape with Eren. But to her horror, Annie had severed Eren's head and placed him in her mouth.