Eren Captured...The New Queen

Matthew had been running for hours and he still had yet to catch up with Levi and his squad. So much had happened in the last few days, and feline was tired of all this running around. How far could this midget go? Matthew growled as he slowed down to a halt and sat down panting. A few moments, a certain smell of cleaning supplies wafted through the air and tickled the white cat's nose. Grinning, Matthew shifted into his human form and leaned against a tree as he watched the shorter man come into his line of sight.

"You certainly know how to hide well, Captain Levi." Matthew grunted as he watched the man turn to look at him.

"You found us quicker than I thought you would, Jones." Levi sighed as he approached the taller man.

"Well, what can I say? I'm good with my nose. Now, what would you have me do?" Matthew sighed as he changed the subject. 

"A lot has happened over the last few days, so I do have an assignment for you. Eren and Historia have both been taken by the Interior MP unit, and we don't know where or how many enemies there are. As of right now, we know that they are somewhere at the Reiss family estate. I want you to find out exactly where they are and report to me, if we don't arrive within twenty-four hours." Levi stated as he leaned against the tree across from the taller boy.

"That boy always seems to be in those situations, doesn't he? I'll be watching over the two, and I'll report anything I see to you. What about Erwin? Will I no longer report to him?" Matthew asked as he crossed his arms.

"Let's report to him after we have retrieved Eren and Historia. Right now, I can't afford to have you traveling all that distance." Levi grumbled as he motioned for the taller man to follow him.

The two were silent for a bit before they could hear the other squad members' chattering. Coming into a small clearing, Matthew saw the group of graduates from the 104th sitting in a circle talking about their plans. Once the two males were the visible, all talking halted and all eyes turned to them. The silence became awkward as the group continued to stare each other, and finally Sasha shouted something completely random. 

"Huh?" Matthew cocked his head to the side. 

"Don't even question it." Connie groaned as he smacked the girl on the head lightly.

"She says random things quite often, actually." Jean laughed as he leaned back on his hands.

"Why are you here?" Mikasa questioned as she stared at the man before them.

"I'm sending him ahead to the Reiss family estate to try and locate Eren and Historia. Hopefully, he will have all the necessary information for us to proceed when we arrive." Levi states as he sits by the small fire.

"How would he be able to gather intel though? Wouldn't they realize that he is not one of the servants?" Armin asked as he rubbed his arms.

"Leave that up to me, Armin. I'm pretty good at gathering information without being caught." Matthew grinned as he leaned against the tree.

"That does seem to be a specialty of yours, but what I don't understand is how you found us." Mikasa suddenly stated as she glared fiercely at the taller male.

"You don't need to know that detail. You should be going." Levi interjected before making himself some tea.

Nodding to the captain, Matthew turns away from the group and disappears into the trees. Once he was far enough away, he shifted into his feline form and took off towards where the Reiss family was known to live. It would be a few hours before he arrived, but he hoped that he would be able to get someone to let inside while still being in the form of a cat. The sun was finally setting when the cat arrived at the Reiss family estate, and Matthew wandered around the grounds before bumping into Lord Reiss himself.