Training Dilemma

A year had gone by and everyone had become exceptionally skilled with the 3DM gear, as well as the other things that they had been training in. Today a bunch of the cadets were separated into two groups for an exercise in the field. Tiffany was placed in a group with both Jean and Marco, much to her relief. In her group, Marco was the leader while Armin was in charge of keeping records. The group had set out early in the morning on horseback, and they hadn't taken a break since. 

"I'm so hungry." Sasha moaned as she leaned forward on her horse.

"When are you not hungry?" Connie scolded as he rolled his eyes.

"Looks like there's a lizard that's traveling with us." Jean pointed out as he looked ahead.

"Lizards are delicious, back home we cook them." Sasha stated, and started drooling.

"You know how to cook?" Jean asked eyeing the hungry girl.

"Of course I do." She pouted as she crossed her arms.

"Then it looks like we are having lizard tonight!" Jean shouts as he spurs his horse ahead of the group, ignoring the calls of his fellow teammates.

Eren stopped Jean from killing the lizard, which then ensued a yelling match between the two boys. Of course this caused Sasha to yell out something random. Marco then managed to bring peace among the group, and everyone continued on quietly. The group had reached the forest around sunset, and decided that they should set up camp in the clearing for the night. Tiffany sat with Marco and ate her food quietly, while everyone else was talking back and forth with each other. And just like every other time they are all together, Eren and Jean started arguing. 

"Marco, I'm going to scout at the area, okay?" Tiffany stated as she stood up and grabbed her gear.

"That is probably a good idea. Just try not to venture too far." Marco agreed as he motioned for Armin to record their conversation. 

Tiffany walked away from the group and headed into the trees, where she would be safe from any prying eyes. Climbing one of the trees, she placed her gear on one of the branches and transformed into her feline form. Taking off from the branch, she ran through the forest and chased smaller animals just for fun. Although she wasn't paying much attention to how far away she was getting from camp until she noticed that the sky had darkened incredibly. Turning back, she shot through the trees but stopped when she heard yelling. Climbing another tree, she hopped the branches until she was standng over the camp.

"There is someone missing from your group! Where is he?" A man with a gun shouted as he pointed the gun at Eren.

"We are all here except for Krista! What did you do with her?" Eren shot back.

Tiffany had shifted back into her human form, and was staring across the clearing with wide eyes. Eren must noticed her presence by now, but he didn't say anything about her whereabouts. 

"That girl is going to make us quite a bit of money! But that doesn't answer my question. There was an extra horse, which means that there is someone missing from your group. You better tell me where that person is, or else we'll shoot someone." The man growled as he put the gun closer to Eren's face. 

Eren remained quiet as he stared down the man in front of him. There was no way he was going to give away Tiffany's position. The group still had a chance to fight back, and Tiffany was a solid factor in Eren's plan. Leaping forward, Eren shoves the butt of the gun against the man causing the man to stumble backwards. Watching in wide eyes, Jean turns and tries to run away, which results in a man pointing his gun at him. Tiffany took that as her cue to enter the fray and knocked the gun out of the man's hands. Although the man did manage to fire off a shot, the bullet only grazed Jean's cheek.