The Beginning Of The End

The news of Zackley's murder spread like wildfire, and soon the extremest group called, "The Jeagerists" began to take over the capital. The civilians were receptive of the group, as they all had similar views and each wanted Eren Yeager freed from his holding cell. Matthew managed to connect with Tiffany briefly the night of the attack to relay the message, but they were unable to keep the connection due to circumstances on her end. Levi had been keeping the young neko busy with drills, while the others were tasked with watching the oldest Yeager sibling. Some of the soldiers had lightened up to the girl, but there were still reservations from the other soldiers who felt that they couldn't trust her. Reporting to her superior, Tiffany relayed all information that she was provided and waited for Levi's response on the matter. Of course, the closest thing to a response that she received was a harsh scoff and an eye-roll. 

"How is that you know what's happening in the capital, when you're all the way out here?" Zeke's voice echoed as he looked up from his book.

"You seem to know everything, why don't you tell me." Levi huffed as he glared down at the seated man.

"Well, I don't know much about it. But, Eren did mention a special ability that the little kitten has. What was it called? I think he said 'Mind Link', or something like that." The man's shrugged his shoulders.

Levi scoffed as he sipped his tea, before getting up and dragging Tiffany along. Immediately putting the girl through ODM drills, he tried to get his mind off of the four-eyed freak. The Captain's intent to kill was so great, that he barely had control of himself whenever he was around the man. Finishing off his tea, the man grumbled how he only had so much tea leaves left and how he hated alcohol. Thinking back to when the team first left the port, he frowned when all of the soldiers cheered for the good wines instead of tea. 

"Stupid soldiers always wanting to get drunk." Levi grumbled as he placed his cup on the ground.

"Are you still complaining about everyone wanting alcohol over your precious tea?" Tiffany sighed as she landed gracefully next to the shorter man.

"No." He bluntly stated without even looking up.

"Would you like for me to go to town and get more tea?" She smirked as she noticed a conflicted glare cross his face.

"N-no." Levi's cheeks tinged red as he began to walk forward.

"Are you sure?" Tiffany sang out as she scampered after him.

"Fine, but be back before sundown." He caved as he turned to give a light glare.

"Yes, Sir!" The girl grinned before removing her gear and taking off.

Watching the girl disappear into the trees, Levi sighed loudly before returning the camp. The other's acknowledged his return, but for the most part kept their attention on their duties. Tiffany on the other hand, had already shifted into her feline form and was darting through the trees quickly. Rushing past the treeline, she took a huge whiff of the air to find a human scent before darting north. Arriving at one of the outlier towns, she transformed back into her human form and entered the town silently. The people that lived there were all happy to see the young girl, once they noticed the emblem on her jacket. Children immediately flocked over to her and began to bombard her with questions about the Scouting Regiment.

"Alright kids, let's not overcrowd now. I'm sure she has a lot of work to do." A woman grinned as she approached the rowdy group.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Hanna. We were just so excited." One of the little girls beamed as the group made space.

"That's alright, I'm not too busy. I'm just hear to buy some tea for Captain Levi." Tiffany smiled as she made eye contact with the woman.

"Of course, dear. I'm sure he is extremely busy now that the capital under siege." The woman sighed.