Betrayed?

The ride to the walls were quiet among the cadets as they followed after the seasoned scouts. From time to time, Tiffany could see Eren look back at her as he rode next to Hanji near the front of the group. There was a look of contempt in his eyes whenever he looked back at her and she just couldn't figure out why. Finally after some time of dealing with Eren's stare, Tiffany moved forward towards the front of the line.

"Eren." Tiffany sighed as she slowed her horse next to him.

"What's up, Tiffany?" Eren asked as he looked over.

"Why do you keep glaring back at me?" She frowned as she kept her eyes fixated on his.

"I don't know what you mean." Eren whispers as he glances off to the side.

"Yes, you do." Tiffany whispered softly.

"You weren't at the meeting, so you don't know what I know." Eren grumbles as looks ahead of the two.

"Okay, well what is that you know that I don't?" She growls as she pinches Eren's side.

"Ow! Taffy, that hurt..." Eren whisper-yelled as he sent a glare the girl's way.

"Well? Are you going to tell me?" Tiffany smirks as she watches Eren drop his gaze.

"They aren't human." He whispers as he looks at the ground.

"Of course they're human." Tiffany sighs as she places a hand on his shoulder.

"Do you not understand? They're like me, except, they're against us!" Eren snaps quietly.

"You mean, they are Titan Shifters? Like you and Annie?" Tiffany's smirk dropped.

"Yeah. You have to be careful around them, Tiffany. I don't want you to get hurt." Eren whispers without looking into Tiffany's eyes.

"I'm sorry, Eren. But it's hard for me to grasp what you have said. They are our friends." Tiffany frowned.

"Are you willing to let them kill us all? I don't want to believe this either, but everything just makes sense." Eren sighed as he glanced behind him.

Tiffany didn't answer after that. Obviously, she already knew that Reiner and Bertholdt were the shifters that everyone had been looking for. But she had made a promise to keep their secret, and she never goes back on her word. The walls were finally before them and everyone dismounted their horses. Glancing behind her, Tiffany saw Bertholdt and Reiner being lifted onto the walls. She waited another minute before climbing the wall herself. Everyone was quiet for a little bit before Hanji and Krista began talking about Ymir. The sound of horses in the distance brought Tiffany out of her daze, and she watched as a small group of Garrison soldiers rode near the wall. 

"If they made it here..." Hanji frowned.

"They have yet to find the breach." Tiffany whispered as she watched the Garrisons climb the wall.

"What are you all doing here?" The Squad Leader asks as he lands in front of Hanji.

"We were looking for the breach. Did you find anything?" Hanji's frown deepens.

"There is no breach. We met with the squad from the East side and there was nothing on their side either." The man sighed as he glanced around the group of Scouts.

"Hannes?" Eren's voice rang out from behind.

"Eren? Mikasa? Armin, too? It's great to see you three still together." Hannes smiles lightly as he watches the three.

"Still can't get over the fact that you were promoted, Drunkard." Eren whispers.

"Hey!" Hannes laughs as he watches the small smile spread onto Eren's face.