Long Day

Several days had passed since Matthew eavesdropped on the two men at the inn. Nothing had happened, and he began to wonder if there was really anything to be worrying about. Sighing to himself, Matthew leaned back in his chair and stared out the window of the bar he was currently sitting in. A yawn escaped his lips, before a sudden sound of yelling jolted him out of his seat. Rushing out of the bar, Matthew saw a crowd of people surround Levi's new squad, and a few moments later a carriage came barreling out of the crowd with Eren and Historia. Shoving his way through the crowd, Matthew rushes up to Levi. 

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Matthew growls as he shoves Levi into an alley.

"I could say the same to you." Levi glares while gesturing to the rest of his team to follow him.

"I'm here under orders. What about you?" The taller of the two glowers.

"We came in for supplies, but the crowd started yelling at us and Eren and Krista got taken!" Connie suddenly blurts out causing the tension to lessen slightly.

"Supplies? I thought you had enough to sustain yourselves for a while. And, who is Krista?" Matthew sighs as he turns to look at Connie.

"Krista! You know, the short blonde girl!" Connie starts waving his arms around.

"He means Historia." Levi sighs as he rubs his temples. 

"Right, I forgot that she went by a different name before I met her. But why would you bring those two into the open like that? So what's the plan? We obviously have to get your decoys back." Matthew smirked as he watched their faces' fill with surprise.

"Wait, you knew!" Connie shouted.

"Don't scream. Of course I knew." Matthew grunted as he walked past them and out of the alley.

The group followed after Matthew and was led to the inn nearby. Everyone remained silent until they were all inside of Matthew's room.

"They are being taken to one of the Reeves' company storehouses, so we should be able to use the element of surprise." Matthew informed as he leaned against the far wall. 

"How do you know all of this?" Mikasa whispered as she glared at the taller boy.

"I'm not an idiot. I've had enough time to observe you all to know who is who." Matthew shrugged.

"Why you-" Mikasa stepped forward with her blade drawn.

"That's enough." Levi placed a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"What?" Mikasa frowned as she placed the blade back in it's compartment.

"He is a spy that Erwin has assigned to keep information flowing to us. So with that in mind, we cannot kill him or let him be killed." Levi sighed as he locked gazes with the Jones sibling. 

"Besides, even if something did happen to me, Tiffany would probably blame all of you." Matthew grinned as he felt the tension rise.

"Do you really want to pick a fight?" Mikasa scowled.

"We need to get our plan into action. We all have our gear, so we will get on the roof of the storehouse. Matthew will lead us there." Levi ordered as he adjusted his belt.

"Yes, Sir!" The group saluted.

The group set out a few minutes later in pursuit of the fake Eren and Historia. Matthew was leading the group through the town until they reached the warehouses. Levi ordered for everyone to get onto the roof and figure out which building their comrades were being held. Once the cadets were out of sight Levi turned to Matthew and gave a quick nod. Taking his cue, Matthew shifted into his feline form and made his way back into the town.