Battle of Trost

A year had passed since Tiffany graduated from the Cadet Corps, and she still hadn't seen any one of her friends. It turned out that there were a few minor changes to the squads, so she was no longer teamed with anyone from the Cadets. Instead she was placed in a squad among the Garrison, and would be part of the Titan Response Team for when the Titans invaded. So when her friends were out training and learning where their zones were, she was on the wall learning about how to handle the gate. The Cadets and Garrison never really crossed paths except for the higher ups, so Tiffany never was able to see her friends when she had the time to. But luckily the others were graduating today, so she would be able to see them soon. 

"Cadet Jones!" The squad leader called as he came around the corner of HQ.

"Sir!" 

"Today we are deploying a test run for the Titan Response Teams, so gear up and top off your tanks." He commanded as he grabbed his gear.

Saluting her captain, Tiffany took off towards the gas tanks and started to fill up her tanks. When she finished she started to walk towards the large doors of HQ and waited for her fellow squad mates to show up. 

"Tiffany?" A voice called from behind.

"Yeah!" She turned around with a smile.

"Oh my god! I haven't seen you in so long!" Marco yelled as he threw his arms the startled girl.

"I know, I've missed you." Tiffany laughed as she hugged the freckled boy.

"Hey Jean! Look!" Marco called to the copper-haired boy.

"Tiffany?" Jean asked as he walked closer.

"Hi Jean. How have you been?" Tiffany asked timidly as she went to hug him.

"I've been fine." He answered shortly as he pulled out of her hug.

"Yo, Tiffany! Long time no see." Reiner called as he walked up to the group with Bertholdt. 

"Hello Reiner, Bertholdt." She smiled as she hugged both boys. 

"So they transferred you out of our squad." Reiner stated rather annoyed.

"Yeah, they wanted me to be part of the Garrisons, so they placed me in a squad to become better acquainted." Tiffany laughed quietly.

"Wait, so you're Garrison?" Marco asked sadly.

"No, but they want me in their Regiment. I've declined saying that I was waiting for you guys." Tiffany smiled.

"Jones! Let the other Cadets get to their work! We have a job on the 5th floor." A Garrison ordered as he pulled Tiffany away from the group of boys.

"See you later, Tiffany!" Marco laughed as he waved at the girl. 

After Tiffany left, the four boys took off towards where they were supposed to be. On their way to the wall, the boys talked about random little things just to make the time go by faster.

"Hey, does anyone know what squad Tiffany was placed in?" Marco asked suddenly as they finished cleaning cannons on their side.

"I heard that she was on the Titan Response Team." Bertholdt answered quietly as he fidgeted with his straps.

"So the group that intercepts the Titans first?" Reiner asked as he turned to his sweating friend.

"Yeah. She apparently impressed her superiors, so they placed her there." Bertholdt sighed as he grabbed his jacket.

"Well good for her. We can head back to HQ now, since we're done." Jean groans as he turned to leave.

"I have to go to the bathroom, so I'll meet you there." Bertholdt quickly states as he runs off.