What is Safety?

It was early morning by the time Tiffany arrived at Scout's Headquarters and delivered the letter to Mike's door. She was prowling around the grounds while waiting for Squad Leader Mike to leave out his reply for the Commander. As she was walking around, she noticed the remaining cadets of the 104th were sitting around in civilian clothes. She made sure to stay out of view of Reiner and Bertholdt, because they knew what her feline form looked like and she didn't want them to give her away. She already knew that if she were to get caught by the two boys then she would jeopardize the mission at hand. The scouts were trying to find out who Annie's accomplices were, and Tiffany had promised that she wouldn't sell out her friends. Because of this promise, she had been playing ignorant whenever the topic came up. 

Yawning loudly, Tiffany stretched her feline limbs and climbed a tree that happened to be located right outside of Mike's window. She could see him writing on a piece of parchment that was going to be sent back to the Commander, although she couldn't see what he was writing. Staring intently at the back of Mike's head, Tiffany didn't notice two cadets walking under the tree that she happened to be sitting in. 

"Do you think that Tiffany will come back soon?" A shaky voice sounded from below.

"Hopefully. I want to know why the Survey Corps is taking so long to get back. The trial should've only lasted the day." A gruff voice spoke.

Startled by the voices, Tiffany crouched down and peered over the branch. Much to her dismay, it was Bertholdt and Reiner. The two had stopped to talk under the tree that she was sitting in, and as they stood there Tiffany got more and more nervous. She had no clue how she was going to get away without them noticing her, but she knew that she would have to eventually. Taking quick glances at Mike's window and the two cadets below, she began to get more nervous about her situation. 

"You know, what if something happened and they found out Tiffany's secret?" Bertholdt asked as he leaned against the tree trunk.

"I highly doubt that. What I doubt is Tiffany's ability to keep quiet about Annie." Reiner sighed as he glanced upwards.

Reiner had barely missed Tiffany's feline form, as she darted across the branch and into another tree. She knew that she had to get out of there quickly. Mike should be almost done with the letter and making his way to the drop off. Scampering into the stables, Tiffany hides in the loft while she waits for Mike to make his entrance. Luckily, she didn't have to wait long since he came in a few minutes later. Sighing in relief, Tiffany ran out of her hiding place and took the letter out from under the bucket that Mike had placed over it. Without wasting any time, Tiffany took off towards the capital. She wouldn't arrive until after nightfall, but that was fine since no one would out and about. Sadly, all she could think about was Reiner and Bertholdt. She felt obligated to tell them what was happening, but at the same time, she felt obligated to humanity to keep the plan secret. Being so deep in thought, Tiffany barely noticed that she had already stepped in front of Erwin. 

"You're back?" Erwin's tired voice sounded.

"Yes, and here's the letter." Tiffany transformed into her human form again. 

"Thank you. Word just came in a little bit ago that Titans have breached Wall Rose." Erwin spoke with a serious look.

"Seriously?" Tiffany whispered as she took a step back.

"Yes, I want you to go with Hanji and her squad. They leave in about half an hour." The Commander ordered.

"Yes, Sir." Tiffany saluted before returning to her cat form.

She didn't waste anytime leaving the cells and moving outside of the camp. Shifting back into her human form, Tiffany leaned against a tree while staring at the sky. 

Meow (AOT Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें