Explanations

A few days have passed since the Survey Corps defeated Rod Reiss in his Titan form. The people were all still accepting the fact that Historia was the new Queen, and of course, were all still nervous of the possible Military rule. Historia had already started to move forward with her own plans of opening an orphanage for children that were left parent-less after the titans' invasion, and spent a lot of her time there. The other Scouts were were out in the mountains testing out Eren's newfound ability to harden his skin for the upcoming expedition to Wall Maria. Matthew, on the other hand, had been resting for the past few days, as he was spending most of his time trying to get in contact with Tiffany. Unfortunately, the younger sibling had not responded to his callings and the connection was cut off completely. Matthew had always been worried about his younger sister, but as the time came closer to retaking Wall Maria his concern grew more and more. Eren would always come back to the city tired while the others would huddle up and discuss what the results of the experiments were. 

"Matthew, it's time we discussed your abilities with the squad." Levi stated as he knocked on the door to the man's room.

"Already? I sort of hoped that everyone would forget about that." Matthew chuckled as he scratched the back of his neck while opening the door.

"Something like this isn't that easily forgotten, but Erwin has decided to make the announcement to the Squad and to Historia." The shorter man sighed as he beckoned the taller man to follow.

The walk through the barracks was quiet as the two ventured to the mess hall where Erwin was awaiting for their arrival. Upon entering the large room, Matthew took notice of all the cadets from the 104th and a few of the older Scout members. Taking a seat next to Erwin, Matthew released a loud sigh and motioned for Erwin to begin speaking. 

"Thank you for joining us, Matthew. I'd like to start off this meeting with congratulating Eren on his mastery of his new abilities." Erwin smiled as he slowly clapped his hands for the younger male before him.

"Thank you, Sir!" Eren saluted with a giant smile as everyone applauded.

"Now to move on to when the retaking of Wall Maria will take place. We will be setting out in one month, and by that time we will have gathered more help from both the Garrison and MP's. I have already written up our attack plan if the Titan Shifters are still hiding out in Shiganshina. You will be studying this for the next few weeks, and when the new recruits arrive you will be walking them through the formations." The Commander spoke clearly before passing out the copies of the formation to cadets before him and sitting down.

"Sir? Isn't there something else that we need to discuss?" Armin suddenly questions with his hand raised slightly.

"And what would that be, Arlert?" Erwin smiles knowingly.

"How can someone just turn into a cat?" Sasha suddenly screams as she points a finger at a certain grumbling male.

"Oh, yes. We were supposed to discuss that, weren't we?" The tall man laughed as he placed a hand on Matthew's shoulder.

"Yeah, well, go on." Matthew grunted aggressively as he shrugged the older male's hand off his shoulder.

"Matthew is from a long line of shifters known as Nekos. That is why he can turn himself into a cat." Erwin replied shortly as he had already explained this to his captains. 

"Wait, does that mean Tiffany can shift as well?" Jean asked as he gawked at the older male.

"Yes, she can." Matthew sighed as he leaned onto his elbows.

"So that's what she meant that day." Eren spoke softly as he stared at the ground.

"Eren?" Mikasa frowned as she placed a hand on the boy's arm.