Meeting Again

Three months flew by, and Tiffany was finally completely healthy. She had initially struggled to get better because her immune system was still weak from being in a coma for so long. Her friends helped her out as much as they could by bringing her food, and taking her on long walks for exercise. Eren actually didn't spend as much time with her during the past three months, but he would visit her for a few hours at the end of the week to discuss infiltration plans. The older Jones sibling had suspected that something was going on, but chose to leave it be when Tiffany asked him to. Most of her time was spent with Jean, and it was almost rare to see one without the during the day. Jean had made sure that she was eating during meal times and that she was getting all the exercise that she needed. 

Tiffany and Eren stood at the docks as they waited for the boat to be prepared. The neko girl stared out at the water in awe, as it was really only the second or third time that she actually got to see it. Finally, a tall short haired woman named, Yelena appeared from the boat with a grin.

"She's all ready for you, Mister Eren. Good luck on your mission." Yelena beamed before glaring over at Tiffany.

"Yeah. Let's go, Tiffany." The young Titan Shifter grunted as he brushed past the taller woman. 

The taller woman scowled as she watched Eren drag the younger girl behind him, but chose to remain silent as the two disappeared inside the boat. A few moments later, the boat was pulling away from the port and slowly disappeared from view. Taking a huge sigh of relief, Yelena returned to her duties and pretended like nothing had happened at the port. Meanwhile, Tiffany had sat down near the railing at the back of the boat so that she could watch her home disappear beyond the horizons. She knew that she had nothing to worry about, and that she could communicate with Matthew whenever she needed. But she was still worried about her friends, who would soon be learning of her absence. 

"Tiffany, once we are near land, you will need to transform and find a way to get to the city. I'll be with the soldiers returning from battle." Eren stated as he pulled his hair into a bun.

"Alright, where will I find you when you do return?" The girl questioned.

"You'll know. After all, don't you have a superior sense of smell?" The male joked mildly.

"I suppose you're right." Tiffany shrugged as she turned away from the boy.

A few days would pass before land could be seen in the distance, and Tiffany sat at bow of the boat in her feline form. The man steering the boat anchored about two hundred feet from shore, allowing for the two teenagers to disembark on their journey through enemy territory. Once the two reached the beach, they bid each farewell and went their separate ways. It was easy for Tiffany to figure out where she going due to the subtle smells of people and food in the distance. Two days would eventually pass before the young feline would actually arrive at a city, and she was totally exhausted. Wandering through the streets, Tiffany took notice of many amazing things. There were these large metal boxes with wheels, and they carried people from place to place. Turning down another street, the young feline came up to a large gate that separated the slums from the rest of the city. Venturing inside, the cat explored the alleyways so that she could map out the area for any escape routes. As she was scampering through the alleys, she came across a few large dogs scrounging for food. Almost immediately, the dogs leaped at the feline in attempt to catch her but she nimbly avoided contact and ran down the open streets. Unfortunately she couldn't shake the dogs off her trail, and she had turned into a dead end alley. With no where to escape, she contemplated shifting back into her human form in order to escape. 

"Hey! Scram you noisy pests!" A older woman shouted as she swung her broomstick at the large dogs. 

The dogs at the woman, and all but one left. The lone dog continued to stare at the woman hungrily as she held her broom close to her chest. It was obvious that the woman wasn't expecting the dog to stay behind and challenge her the way it had, but she knew that she would be attacked if she backed down. Tiffany crept up along the side of the wall behind the dog, and prepared to escape but looked back to see the dog stalking up to the woman. Swallowing a lump that began to form in the back of her throat, Tiffany launched her self onto the back of the dog and dug her claws into it's back. The dog howled loudly and began to jump and thrash around as it tried to get the cat to release her grip. Losing her grip on the dog, the feline slipped off and landed roughly on the ground. Barely having the time breathe, the cat was roughly grabbed by the canine and swung around like a rag-doll. Pain erupted through the young feline's body as she abruptly landed on the ground again. A loud whine came from the dog as the woman smacked it with her broom, and he scurried away quickly.