Comfort | Chpt 35

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"So Sero told us what happened," Jirou said as I placed food on the coffee table.

"Mmm," I hummed back uncomfortably.

"Ahh, let's not talk about that. The heroes are getting Bakugo back and it's done now," Kaminari said. "We should play a game or something."

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea," Mina suggested. I excused myself to the closet to find a game for all of us to play. I handed off a game to Hanako who started to set it up and I again disappeared, this time for cups and a pitcher of something to drink. I took the pitcher from the cabinet, wiping the inside with a clean towel.

"Hey." I glanced at the entrance to the kitchen, seeing it was Jirou.

"Hey," I replied back, filling the pitcher up with water.

"Sorry to bring up yesterday," she said and I looked her way again, shutting off the tap.

"Oh...that's fine. Kaminari thinks I'm going to have a mental breakdown or something, so he's being all...weird about it," I said.

"I just wanted to mention it to say thanks."

"Thanks?"

"...Yeah. You could've just run you know," she said. "Most people in your situation, no training whatsoever, would've booked it out of there. But people have been telling me that you carried me all that way."

"Oh...yeah, I did," I replied. "I'm no pro hero or anything, it's fine. I just see hurt people and I want to help. Medical things I guess."

"I don't think so."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. You might not be a pro hero, but you're a hero for sure. You've got similar instincts to Aizawa sensei," she said. "You're not all that different from him."

For some reason, I felt like she knew how much I struggled with my comparison to my father.

"Thanks."

"You've got hero in your blood," she said, smiling at me. I filled the pitcher with ice, letting out a sigh as I smiled.

"Well...you're welcome. I'm glad you got out safely," I replied. I set the pitcher down, turning back towards her. She wrapped me up in a brief hug, squeezing tightly. She smiled at me with pink cheeks, excusing herself in a quick scurry to the living room. I paused, picking up the pitcher and a stack of cups to make my way back as well.

"So basically you write down the name of who you think is most likely," Hanako said, looking over the direction. "So like the person most likely to dine and dash, you write who in the group you think and then we all show."

"Makes sense," Sero said. I stepped over the group seated around the table, placing the pitcher and cups down. I felt Sero place a hand on my calf as I stood over where he sat. "So who reads the cards. Do they play too?"

"Yeah," Hanako replied.

"Do we know each other well enough to play this game?" Shinsou asked, seated beside Ryou. They had shown up at the same time, funnily enough.

"I, uh, don't know her," Jirou pointed out, gesturing to Kiki.

"Oh, this is Kiki," I replied. "She's in the medical course. If you need a comparison as to who she's like from your class...I'd probably say Uraraka."

"Hey," Jirou said, waving to Kiki and she smiled back. I placed myself between Sero and Hana, directly across from where Kaminari sat with Kiki. They seemed to be getting along good enough, so I figured my work in matchmaking was done.