Acquaintances | Chpt 10

Howdy

(y/n)'s POV

"Oh boy, sparky knows now, huh?" Hanako asked, setting down her bag finally. She had been rummaging around in it for her lunch card and Ryou had been impatiently waiting for her to go up and get lunch. I had taken the short time to tell them that I had told Kaminari that I was his teacher's daughter.

"Yeah, he kind of freaked and took off. I guess that's fine," I said.

"At least now he should pick up on the fact you were being so mean because of your dad," she said.

"As if he would pick up on anything. He's been at her heels despite the fact she's been a bitch. No offence," Ryou said and I frowned. "If he couldn't tell she looks exactly like the teacher he sees everyday, he's not going to pick up on that subtle shit."

"Jeez, who shoved a stick up your ass Ryou?" Hanako asked.

"You if you don't find your lunch card. How many times do I have to tell you to put it in the same spot."

"Mmm, just one more time," she tested and he frowned. It seemed something was bothering Ryou, though he clearly didn't want to share. I just watched the pair bicker. "AHA!"

"Finally."

"Oh can it," she said. "I wouldn't worry about it. You got what you wanted right?" She walked away with Ryou to the food line, leaving me alone at my lunch table. I pulled out my lunchbox, happy to finally see the sushi I had made myself yesterday. There was one that was very poorly rolled, which my father had made. I had commissioned him to make them with me yesterday afternoon since he would be coming home later than usual today. He was headed to USJ with his students.

"Hey you! No na--I mean (y/n)," I glanced up to see the seat in front of me being filled by none other than Kaminari. He had begun to say 'no name' again, probably used to the fact he didn't know my name. Except that he did now.

"What do you want?" I asked, setting down my chopsticks.

"Woah, not excited to see me?" he asked. I just stared at him, unamused. Why was he even here? It seemed pretty obvious yesterday, he couldn't handle my lineage. "Alright, alright."

I just picked up my chopsticks, picking up a piece of sushi. I was hoping he would go away. I didn't want to deal with any of this right now, it was just simpler when nobody knew who I was.

"Uh, so, I just wanted to let you know that even though you're my teacher's daughter, you're still super hot," he commented. The piece of sushi dropped back into its container and my head whipped back up to look at him.

"Excuse me?" I asked, my chopsticks still poised but empty.

"Agh, wrong approach," he said, tugging at his neck.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

"I don't know! I just wanted to come over here and say it doesn't bother me, I swear!" he said, panicking.

"Wh--Why didn't you just say that?" I asked, my face burning up. I glanced around, but it seemed that nobody was really looking. I peered over his shoulder at his friends who ducked their heads. They were certainly watching.

"I just wanted to be your friend! I'm such a--"

"What?" I asked.

"Friend?" he reiterated.

"You're kidding right? That's a mean joke," I said.

"I'm...not joking?"

"Look. I know it's weird for some people that I'm their teacher's daughter. Even if it doesn't weird you out, I know what people say about me too. You probably don't want to be associated with me. I get that I'm not a cool hero like him and you don't have to be nice to me," I said. He just watched silently. "I'm not going to tattle on you or something either. You don't have to play nice just please or kiss up to him. I don't want to screw up anyone's image, especially someone like you...in class 1-A."