Drawbacks | Chpt 6

Hello. If you're a tik tok user, a large majority of LGBTQ+ and minority creators are being shadowbanned and not showing up on For You pages. If you know any creators, please like and share and get their content out there for the For You algorithm.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"That was very good," Shouta commented.

"Thanks to (y/n). Clearly I don't know too much," Mic said and I smiled, taking the plates in a stack from the table. I set them in the sink and washed them off before placing them in the dishwasher. He disappeared into the living room.

"How come you didn't have dinner with your friends?" My father asked and I shrugged.

"Eh, it's a family dinner night."

"Good," he said, running a firm hand down the back of my head.

"Hey dad?" He hummed as he looked my direction and I let out a soft breath. "So my friend Hanako wants me to go with her to the welcome party at the 1-A dorms on Friday, is that alright?"

"You want to go?" He asked. There was a chance he would say no so I wouldn't have to go if I didn't want to. I shook my head yes and he smiled gently. "Then I don't see why not."

"Thanks dad."

"You know I always want you to get to know my students. I'm not sure why you don't." I knew it would be a large majority of other students as well, and I still didn't really want to, but if it happened then so be it. I was kind of opening up to the idea of Ashido, she was nice. I just nodded at him. "Hizashi, did you put in the movie?"

"Yup, it's all ready," Mic called and I set the dishwasher to run. I wandered to the lounge checking the group chat. It didn't say anything, so I sat down on the couch to Mic's left and my father's right. I wasn't really paying that much attention to the movie, tucking my feet up on the couch so that I could lean up against my father.

I didn't quite realize how tired I was until I was near to passing out 20 minutes into the movie against my father's stomach. I felt most comfortable here, with his hand running down my hair. He always loved my hair and it made me wonder how he would feel about it if I were blonde. How different would it be if I were blonde like my mother?

"I think she's asleep," Mic said, lightly patting my calf. My legs had relaxed as I began to fall asleep and shifted to his lap.

"Must be tired."

"She gets it from you."

"I'm sure," Aizawa said.

"What are you going to do about your students?" Mic said and my mind perked up slightly, listening in.

"I don't know. Hopefully this school will be a learning experience for them," my father said.

"I'm sure it will." My father hummed in response, still rhythmically petting my hair.

"You worry too much about her," Mic said suddenly and I questioned what kind of behavior my father had put out to evoke such a comment.

"How can I not?"

"What is it?"

"This 1-A party. I have no doubt she'll be fine in a traditional sense. It's a party full of people who want to be heroes and help people. I'm just worried about her and 1-A. Having their teacher for a father can't be easy and I know for a fact she's avoided them for as long as I've been teaching. Makes me wonder what they say or do if they find out...I don't want her to have trouble making friends. I don't want her to be embarrassed of me."