Simple | Chpt 31

(y/n)'s POV

"No, that's not--you can't just do that," I argued.

"Why not?"

"You can't just randomly add numbers to the math problem to make it fit," I pointed out. Sero was keener on picking up things than Kaminari was, at least school wise. Sero's problem seemed reside in his lack of effort in things he didn't care about. He cared about his friends and he cared about hero course, but his brain power was not utilized for school subjects like math.

"Why not?"

"Because the rules of math say no," I said, shaking my head. He frowned and turned back to the page, doing exactly what I had warned him not to do.

"Sero, no."

"It will be equal then! I remember filling in the blanks in elementary school."

"There's no blanks," I pointed out and he frowned again.

"Why do I have to do this?"

"Because you're supposed to pass math and become a hero," I said.

"I guess," he sighed, a little too dramatically to be perceived as real.

"All you have to do, is make this side negative," I said, pointing towards the paper.

"Isn't that adding a negative one? I thought we couldn't add numbers," he said, cracking his elbow against the table to make a noisy point. He smirked at me and I pursed my lips towards the corner of my mouth.

"Fair point, but the rules allow that," I said and he smiled. He wrote in the negative, solving the problem like I had shown him previously. Upon finishing, he tossed the pencil to the table so it rolled off the table. He dramatically leaned against me, his head on top of mine. I crumpled slightly, letting out a grunt. "Stop you're crushing me!"

"I'm sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you," he commented and I caved under his weight.

"Stop! I can only heal other people! You're going to squish me!" I called, earning a dirty look from the librarian. He let up, leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head.

"I don't weight that much."

'Your elbows weigh like 15 pounds each, I swear," I argued, stooping to the ground in my chair for the pencil on the floor. Sero smirked at me when I stood up and I gave him a questioning look. "What?"

"Does that mean I'm strong then or what?"

"I guess if you have to carry them around all day," I said. I glanced at his arms to see he was flexing. I gave him a deadpan look and he just smirked back at me.

"What?"

"You're flexing."

"Nah, I always just look this buff."

"No you don't."

"You've been looking?"

"No."

"Then you don't know," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"This is why you're going to fail your exams," I pointed out.

"Why because I'm so jacked?"

"You hang around Kaminari too much," I said, laughing slightly. He leaned forward in his seat as I turned back to the work.

"You know he mentioned something yesterday," Sero said and I glanced his way again, seeing him leaned up against the table. "He said I should ask you out on a date."

"What?" I felt the color drain from my face. He placed his lips together tightly, looking to the assignment and then back at me.

"Should I?"