All Worked Out | Chpt 30

Hey babes

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"What happened?" Kaminari asked, shutting the door to his dorm. I glanced around, hugging my arms to my chest. My hands squeezed my upper arms, Kaminari's hand reaching to place itself on my shoulder. He stopped himself, not wanting to make me uncomfortable. "You want to sit?" I just shook my head no, thinking about what happened the last time I sat beside him on his bed. It was what had caused this big mess. I let out a breath, wondering how it had gotten so complicated. It was always overwhelming to be in the middle of any conflict, let alone a main character within it. "I know you're ignoring me, but we don't have to count this as forgiving me or anything. You can talk to me."

I didn't know why, but I felt tears begin to run over and down my cheeks. I just looked up at Kaminari, opening my arms to request a hug. His face turned to shock but he reacted immediately, placing his arms around my shoulders. I placed my face in his shirt, hugging back around his lower back. I let out a soft cry and he placed a hesitant hand on the back of my head.

"It's alright," he said, his temple settling against the side of my head. "I'm not used to this. People are usually afraid to touch me. People don't usually cry in front of me either, I don't know what to say."

"It's fine," I said quietly. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." It was silent, Kaminari shifting back and forth on his feet. After a while, I felt relaxed and my eyes were actually kind of tired. "You alright?" I just nodded. His hands pressed me back by my shoulders and I wiped at my face subconsciously. "What happened?"

"I just...I just don't like being in the center of conflict. I don't like being a problem," I said. Kaminari's face contorted slightly.

"You're not a problem, if anything it's me," he said, shaking his head.

"Your friends...my friends...they were all disagreeing about us," I said, starting to think about it again. I felt a soft hand turn my face forward, fingers on my jaw.

"Hey. They need to get the hell out of our business. You don't let them get to you like that," he said. I watched his yellow irises shift in between mine, not picking a spot in between to stare. I always thought he had such pretty eyes. I nodded, agreeing to keep it from bothering me. He held my face with one hand for a moment, his mouth turning up in a smile on once side. He let go, admiring me for a moment. I held back my squirming under his gaze.

"I can't date you Kaminari," I murmured, "I wish I could, but I can't. I just can't because of my dad."

"Okay. That's okay."

"And...it was just hard because you were still flirting with me and then with other people too. I just...didn't know what to do with myself," I said, getting into the discussion. "I thought I could be okay with kissing you because you weren't making a big deal, but I'm not okay with it."

"I understand. It's...nice to know you like me at least," he said. "I don't know why I like you so much, but I really do. That's why I've always got...hope about it, you know?"

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's alright," he said, tugging at the back of his neck. "If there was something you could do about it, you would...right?"

"I...yeah," I replied. "Yeah, I would."

"Then...that's it. I can stop flirting with you if that makes it better. Maybe then we can move on, you know?" he suggested. As much as I hated that option, there was something deep inside me that couldn't do my father wrong. It was like he had managed to finally condition me to follow his rule. I don't know how he did that. I nodded.