Hug | Chpt 25

Hey

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"Hey!" I glanced at Kaminari as he sat down beside me in Art History.

"Hi," I said, taking out my laptop so we could finish our PowerPoint. He raised an eyebrow at me, propping his head up on his fist.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Excuse me?"

"I mean why are you acting all grumpy?" he asked.

"I'm not."

"Yes you are," he replied, poking my cheek. I swat his hand away and he frowned, furrowing his brow now. "Oh come on, don't be so sour." He tugged at the corner of my mouth and I hit his hand away again.

"Would you just quit it?!" I asked, letting out an angry huff. He paused, confused as to what was bothering me so badly.

"Are you on your period or something?" he pressed and I glared at him.

"Say that to my face again. I dare you," I warned and he held up his hands in defeat. I turned to the laptop, fixing up our slides. I was still actively thinking about how when I woke up and snuck out of the sleepover early, I had found Kaminari with his head resting against Jirou's shoulder as they were both passed out on the floor. The fact had made me so sick to my stomach and angry. I severely wanted him to show me some kind of attention since he had intitally shown interest in me. The fact he didn't now was probably my fault as I had rejected him. It was selfish to want him to like me. Nothing could stem from the fact, because my rational side would never allow that. It listened to and respected my father. That didn't change the fact I still liked him and it was growing to be unfair to me. It was painful to say the least.

After seeing them yesterday morning it didn't really matter.

"Did I do something?" Kaminari asked. Despite the fact I was angry with my current situation and taking it out on him unnecessarily, his soft voice causes a sharp pang to hit at my chest. He spoke quietly as to not raise any suspicion from the classmates around us.

"No."

"Then what is it?" he asked.

"Leave it alone," I scoffed.

"But--" I looked up at him and when we locked eyes he stopped mid-argue. He shut his mouth and turned his attention to the computer. His expression looked genuinely sad and I felt half bad for him. Misery in good company. When the bell rang for class, a word not uttered since he had stopped talking, I shoved my laptop in my bag. I left without Kaminari, leaving him to ask his friends what my deal was, as if they knew. I hoped Mina would not rat me out if he ended up asking her. I made it through the rest of the day quietly.

"You feeling alright (y/n)?" Hanako asked, spinning on her stool.

"You have been awfully quiet today," Ryou said.

"I'm always quiet," I said, taking a package of bandages and setting them in the appropriate drawer.

"More than usual," he replied. I just shrugged.

"Is it your little Pokémon?" Hanako asked and I shot her a glare.

"I'm just not feeling it today," I replied, the pair silencing when a person walked in for an ice pack. I had grabbed my bag, promising Hana and Ryou that I would have dinner with them tomorrow. I set my bag down at the foot of my bed, flopping down on top of it when the weight was off my shoulders. I let out a breath, hot against my skin from where it was muffled by the bed cover.