Groceries | Chpt 39

Hi babes!

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"What are we doing?" I asked, walking beside Midnight.

"Well, some students are struggling to acclimate to dorm life, staying around the school. We're taking some of them out to go grocery shopping. Hopefully they'll work better together and get the right groceries," she said.

"And I have to come because...?" Nemuri grinned at me, handing me a list of my own.

"Your dad made this," she said.

"I always get groceries, they go out and get restaurant food. That's the whole deal," I said.

"Yeah, but you need to take buddies around with you to help," she said. I gave her a look to which she just ignored my protest. "To be perfectly honest, it's mostly your father's class. They have some cooperation issues...and they seem to be constant targets. Not so normal. It's a nice taste of normal life away from parents."

"Fine."

We came upon the group at the front door, and of course Kaminari was grinning ear to ear when he spotted me. Also in the group was Bakugo, Deku, Todoroki, the pompous blonde that I remembered was named Monoma, another 1-B kid that looked a lot like Kirishima, and Shinsou. It was the Friday before Kaminari was supposed to take Kiki out.

"Alright, I think that's everyone," Midnight presumed.

"Wait!" from behind came a ginger, who nearly crashed into the silver Kirishima look-alike. Scuttling below was Mineta, who I had not noticed before now.

"Now, that should be everyone," Midnight said, gesturing towards the front door. We had to walk a short distance to the groceries center. Kaminari stood beside me as everyone started to file out.

"Isn't this cool?"

"Grocery shopping?" I asked skeptically.

"Well, I mean we get to do something together!" he said. I raised an eyebrow at him as Bakugo trudged up in line with us.

"This is so fucking stupid."

"You're just mad because Kirishima isn't here," Kaminari scoffed and Bakugo blew up, fortunately in a figurative sense. I just glanced ahead, bored and beginning to get fed up already. I don't know how my dad really spend a chunk of his day with his whole class. I let out a noise of discomfort when Kaminari roughly put an arm on my shoulder.

"So like why are you here?" I asked, interrupting their arguing.

"School thinks I don't get along with people," Bakugo scoffed. Kaminari gave me a knowing look, pointing towards Todoroki and Deku.

"Yeah, I'm just here because I don't know how to grocery shop," Kaminari replied.

"Go figure," I replied. Bakugo actually let out a small, huffy laugh.

"Hey! So mean," Kaminari pout. I just placed my hands in my pockets.

"So if that's why Todoroki and Deku are here, what about everyone else?" I asked.

"Well Monoma and Shinsou don't get along well," Kaminari said and I looked to him oddly, wondering why he had all the gossip. "Mineta needs to learn some life skills, he's...you know."

Bakugo scoffed, making the fact obviously true and agreed upon.

"And I think TetsuTetsu and Kendo are just here," Kaminari said.

"TetsuTetsu looks a lot like Kirishima," I stated. Bakugo huffed from the other side of Kaminari.

"Yeah their quirks are basically the same. Kirishima hardens like rock and TetsuTetsu hardens like iron," Kaminari said. Now thinking about it, I vaguely remembered their face off at the Sports Festival.