Epilogue | Chpt 50

Welcome to the last chapter! It's been fun!

If you are craving more, check out my page or follow me on Instagram- Calybear 7

My Linktree is in my bio and will take you there.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"I just realized I'm going to have to ask your dad for permission to marry you some day," Kaminari stated.

"What?" I asked, shutting my textbook. "Don't say stuff like that, you don't know if you're going to marry me."

"That's what you think," he stated.

"Shut up," I stated, packing up my book bag. "I've got a shift to get to."

"You always do," he replied. "What shall I bring to embarrass you in front of all the other interns this time?"

"You're going to get banned from the hospital and you've still got the entirety of 3rd year to visit me. You can't keep bringing live animals into a sterile place Kaminari."

"Hime is clean," he replied.

"I also don't know how I feel about you just hanging around my parents."

"Well my parents aren't making their way down here any time soon. Might as well hang with ol' dad and dad."

"Denki, we're not married," I replied, feeling my stomach flip.

"When's your 18th birthday?"

"Kaminari."

"Fine!" he sighed, leaning back in his library chair. I slung my bag over my shoulder, already in scrubs and ready to finish out my 2nd and final intern year at the local hospital. My mother worked at the other end of the hospital and we exchanged pleasantries from time to time. I considered inviting her to a graduation party or something. I still had to make it all the way through 3rd year before making that decision of course. "What about kids?"

"If you know what's good for you, you'll stop talking," I said.

"When have I ever done that?" he asked. I leaned down and kissed him.

"I don't know that you would make it that long with the rate you get injured," I pointed out, lightly pressing his head to the side. I started off and he protested to which I smiled. I made my way out of the library, heading for one of my tri-weekly shifts at the hospital. I had to intern and get experience in practicals to get a license. It was mostly just like cleaning and handling non emergency things, seeing as I wasn't a professional yet. This year we were open to more cases though.

Now that I was in scrubs all the time, I had gotten Denki's fair share of 'sexy nurse' jokes. To his dismay, I did not wear one of the tacky Halloween costumes. That was a good portion of my life and he still made the jokes every once in a while. I clocked in and worked for a good few hours under my supervisor, before heading back home rather tired. It was hard but rewarding work. I looked at my phone as I headed for the station. Ryou and Shinsou were trying out another date, the first one hadn't gone all too well. Shinsou was now in Denki's class and Ryou had a lot more counseling work than typical ER stuff. Their schedules were highly conflicting, like Kaminari's and mine. They were determined to actually try things out now, after way too much mutual pining. They had seen how Kaminari and I made time for things and figured it was good. Ryou was texting Hanako and myself nervously while he was waiting for Shinsou at the front of the school. I added my offering of comfort and encouragement. Mina was texting me too.

Mina: Jirou and I are hanging out this weekend! You should come and chill with us.
Me: yeah, that sounds like fun. I'll check my schedule
Mina: Cool!

Mina was an active force in keeping everyone together. It didn't matter what kind of stuff people were doing or how busy they were. She was just good at planning like that and was just a master of friendship. I loved that girl. I headed back home, letting myself in with my key.

"No, that's--" I glanced into the kitchen, getting a straight shot of my parents and Denki trying to make some kind of dessert. They knew I liked to have a small sweet treat after working. I crossed my arms, wandering into the kitchen. They didn't seem to realize that I was really here.

"You're going to spill it everywhere Mic," my father stated.

"I am not!"

"You're being so rough with it, and coming from me that's saying something," Denki said. I snorted, gaining the attention of the 3. They were all covered in mess and the counter wasn't too pretty either.

"What the hell are you guys doing?"

"Making merengue cookies?" Mic asked.

"Is that what's burning?" I asked.

"Oh for fuck's sake," Aizawa sighed, quickly taking the forgotten merengues out of the oven. He scraped them off into the garbage.

"What a great idea, putting 2 ADHD children and a forgetful old man in the kitchen together," I said, laughing.

"I won't forget these this time," Denki said.

"I'm going to change," I said, rolling my eyes. I did as I said, heading back down to a less burnt smell. The kitchen was mainly cleaned up and my father sat at the table, keeping an eye on the oven. I placed a kiss on the side of his head as a hello. He really was getting so old for a relatively young adult. He placed a hand on my back for a moment before I wandered around the kitchen to survey everything. I kissed Mic's cheek before settling next to Denki, who placed an arm around my shoulders. You could say he definitely bulked up since I had met him and the 2 summers we had spent together were so much fun. His hair was longer now, his cuts not going as short. It was in a small ponytail at the nape of his neck since they were baking, but the main parts of his hair was parted down the middle and was far too short for ponytails...unless he put them in pigtails at either side of his head. That would be funny. I could tell he was growing out his hair because of my parents. Mic's hair was still long as ever, though some injuries and fire singe had caused my father to cut his hair a little shorter than normal. In fact, I was the only one with short hair now. It had grow so thick that I had cut it to a bare minimum for a ponytail. It was good for work to pull it back, but it wasn't so heavy anymore.

"(y/n)?"

"Hah?" I asked, seeing Mic was taking the merengues out of the oven.

"You just spaced out a little babe," Denki said.

"Just thinking about stuff," I replied, shrugging. He craned around to kiss me and Mic brought me a freshly baked treat. I smiled, glancing at my father who was peacefully sitting with eyes softly shut. I took a bite of my merengue, settling against Kaminari.

Maybe he was right. Maybe he would marry me.

~Caly