Friends | Chpt 17

Hey babes

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I was settled in the lounge couch, mindlessly scrolling through my phone and switching between a thread of art and my chat with Hana. She was freaking out over what had happened yesterday, seeing Kaminari's spectacular ability. I still wasn't quite over it myself. Kaminari was oddly charming with beautiful abilities. He almost reminded me of the way people thought little kids were cute. I didn't particularly understand the appeal as a whole, but whenever kids would say the dumbest thing, it was so charming. So simple and naive. That was Kaminari. Charming in a goofy, innocent way. I knew if my father knew about this he would be so mad, but I couldn't help but find myself attracted to Kaminari. I wanted to be his friend. It made me feel special to know that he found interest in me, at least thought I was pretty.

Hana: oh my god you so need to ask him out!
Me: After I straight up rejected him? That's so rude. Plus you know my dad's rule. Not to mention it's not even that big of crush, it's fine.
Hana: says the girl text ranting to me now about how pretty he is 😏
Me: HIS SPARKS
Hana: mmhmm 💅
Me: Whatever, it's not happening
Hana: what if he asked you out again?
Me: I'd have to say no, my dad would kill me
Hana: just...dont tell him?
Me: He'd figure it out
Hana: well why dont you just let your dad know youre friends with him
Me: idk...
Hana: come on can you really not be friends with him?
Me: He's pretty strict about it Hana
Hana: idk just consider it

Perhaps my father had loosened up a bit to the idea. I could tell him we were just friends because of Mina. Then again, he had something to say about it when Kaminari was all over me in class that day. My phone pinged again and I glanced at Hanako's chat, seeing she hadn't said anything more. I exited out, seeing a text from an unknown number.

???: hey! It's Kaminari. Mina finally broke down and gave me your number after I asked a billion times, she said you gave it back to her at the bubble tea place. I was just wondering if you were alright, after yesterday. You kind of freaked out and ran and I just wanted to know what was up, lol. Plus, you promised you'd tutor me so like, having my number would be good. 🙈

Shoot. Well if I was working up the courage to tell my father we were friends, having his number wasn't totally a bad idea. I frowned, questioning the part about Mina. There was a bit of a discrepancy there, knowing my message to Mina hadn't gone through the first time and I hadn't given it to her at the bubble tea place. Maybe she had gotten it from my phone without me knowing. That was entirely possible. Or maybe Hanako. It didn't matter anyways.

Me: oh yeah, I'm all good. When did you want to tutor again?
Kami: how about tuesdays?
Me: sure
Kami: awesome! we'll have so much fun
Me: Studying isn't fun.
Kami: I meant because you and I get hang out time!😛😛

I felt a blush wash over my cheeks, smiling at the screen. God I loved when he used emojis.

Me: gross
Kami: 😉
Kami: either way, I'm glad you're alright. You had me spooked yesterday
Me: yeah...

I felt my heart squeeze, knowing he actually genuinely cared. That was one of my favorite things about Kaminari, he was extremely blunt and honest. Sometimes it was a little too forward or too much, but most of the time I at least appreciated the honesty. My phone dinged again.

Kami: btw, you pinkie promise to come watch me in the sports festival?
Me: yes, I promise I won't run away then
Kami: lol, did you just make a joke. Text (y/n) is so different. 😅
Me: haha very funny.
Kami: 😘😖

I bit down on my thumbnail, subduing my smile. What a loser. It was great.

"(y/n)?" I glanced up from my phone, turning it off and putting it in my lap. My father was standing at the entry way of the lounge, a disappointed look on his face.