Unwanted Attention | Chpt 9

Hiya

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I had spent the most of that weekend hidden away in my room, claiming to be sick. While Hanako and Ryou knew that wasn't true, I was a fast healer, they accepted the fact I didn't really want to come out of my room. My father was far from sure on what to say to me, seeing as he didn't know what was bothering me and there was no way in hell I would tell him. I woke up that Monday feeling quite stupid for having agreed to go to that party. I knew I would eventually have to 'get out there' but having such a suggestive exit from the 7 minutes in heaven closet made me feel like I would soon be labelled as Kaminari's...I don't know what to call it.

I put on my uniform, not bothering to put my hair up. I didn't want anyone seeing me. When I stepped into English, my head was low as I walked to my seat. I prayed there would be some sort of individual activity. I slumped in my seat, not seeing Hana or Ryou yet, so I was alone for now. I placed my head in my arms, staring at the desk before gradually shutting my eyes. The seat next to me in the pod of desks became occupied and I assume it was Hanako, but she and Ryou usually sat across from me in our set of 4. I peered up to see Kaminari sat comfortably. He was facing me with his head propped up with one hand. His head was tilted to the side while he looked at me.

"Hey, you doing alright?"

"Huh?"

"You know the whole claustrophobia issue?"

"Oh...well I'm not in a small space. So yes?" I replied. He seemed rather chipper this morning, despite how mad he seemed 2 days ago. It made me think strangely of him. Maybe he was happy that people thought we did something during our 7 minutes. That was probably a lot of praise for him, maybe that was why he was sitting here.

"I hope you don't mind that I told Ashido you have it," he said, glancing around the room absentmindedly.

"Oh, that's fine," I replied.

"I may have told a bunch of people."

"Oh...why?"

"I don't know, I don't want people thinking weird things. I figured you don't really want that kind of attention," he said, glancing back at me and I sat up fully.

"Thank you."

"Eh, you're welcome." Even after he had been so mad about the whole thing, he was still just a nice guy. Goofy and perhaps the type to get me in a lot of trouble...but nice. "Whatcha looking at me for? Like the view?"

"Oh blegh," I blurted and he laughed under his breath.

"I'm just playing around," he said, punching my shoulder. If he was still trying to flirt with me, he was very good at changing how he does it. It was less direct this way. "How come your hair isn't up?"

"Usually isn't," I said. It wouldn't hurt to have a small conversation with him. Though, it did seem like he was trying very hard to wiggle his way into my life. I didn't quite understand why he wanted to be friends...or more, so badly.

"Well you should, not that you should let anyone tell you what to do of course. It's just really nice, you have a very homely face."

"What?" he paused for a moment.

"Oh my All Might. Homey, not homely. I may be good at English, but I'm basically illiterate when I speak. I'm sorry, you're not ugly," he said, laughing. My eyes were drawn to his knuckles where a small stream of electricity danced over his knuckles like a wave. "Ah, your friends are here. I'll see you around." He gave me a wave that was almost like a salute, just his index and middle finger outstretched. Half his smile cocked up farther than the rest, almost like a smirk, and I just watched him walk away as Hanako and Ryou entered the classroom. He hadn't even tried to ask my name that time. I turned around in my chair as they sat down.