Relief | Chpt 12

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

The entire school had a choice to remain in their dorms for the day after the publicized attack, or attend school. Those students staying home would still receive the work they missed, but have the opportunity to work alone in the comfort of their dorm rather than school. It was mostly for class 1-A, who had actually got caught by those massive amounts of villains, so a large amount of kids actually chose to go to school.

Including me.

It was better, I wouldn't miss out on stuff and be confused at home. I originally planned to see my father early in the morning, but upon calling the hospital he was still asleep. It was extremely awkward in English as well, Mic clearly out of it after what happened yesterday with me and because of the attack.

The attack was major scale, serving as a debut for the dastardly League of Villains. After listening to the many reports late last night, I concluded that my father had taken a brunt of the injury, followed by the boy named Midoriya. I remembered he was the one who broke his bones at the entrance exam, the first day test, and probably once more during the heroes versus villains training exercise. I learned Kirishima, Midoriya, a boy named Bakugo, and the acceptance by recommendation student Todoroki had interfered once my father showed signs of breaking. I couldn't help but feel gratitude for those students who had risked themselves to help my father, suspecting he would be in a lot worse condition or even dead if they hadn't.

My father was no low level hero, nor a fool, so hearing that his fight against several villains in the beginning was easy filled me with some vigor. He wasn't suited against that many, but showed quite the fight. Until the Nomu arrived, he was doing just fine. I couldn't picture the Nomu how they had described it, but it sounded like a nightmarish creature. The students had each been separated, but worked well to save themselves. It made me wonder about what had happened with Kaminari.

The picture in my mind of my father being crushed, the burning feeling in his arm after being touched by such evil, made me nauseous. I didn't know what I would do when I finally saw him. I had even heard of the man, going by Shigaraki, trying to kill a young girl in the class. My father, of course intercepted just in time before he could reach her head. She had a frog quirk, but I couldn't remember her name. That image alone, was enough to send me spiraling, but I just let it sit heavy on top of the information piling up in my brain.

When I arrived in class, I could tell Mic was surprised I hadn't stayed in bed. He hadn't spoken to me that morning, figuring that I would chose for myself. He...didn't want to tell me what to do. I hadn't slept at all during the night, my eye bags a deeper purple like my fathers. I placed my bag down, slumping in my chair. I glanced up at the two firm gazes on me.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here?" Hanako asked.

"We heard what happened to your dad, is he alright?"

"I haven't seen him yet," I replied, simply. "I'm going to see him after school. He's asleep."

"Is he okay?"

"I hope so. They said he should be fine," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Do you want us to come with you?" Hanako asked, placing a hand on mine. She flinched slightly at how cold it was.

"No. Thank you, though," I said, taking out my English book. I noted that most of class 1-A was not here. Their hero course class was cancelled for the afternoon, so they were getting out early if they opted to come to regular courses.

"Hey." The seat beside me was filled by Kaminari. Kirishima, Mina, and I believe his name was Sero we're gone today. It was strange seeing as Kaminari could've clearly stayed in his dorm.