All-Star Apologies: Part 3

As soon as everyone finished breakfast, the group all commenced another search of the academy building, to see what new areas awaited them. This time, they were joined by Byakuya, but unfortunately, Makoto and Taeko were nowhere to be found. 

Though no one really wanted to blatantly say it, no one particularly wanted to run into either of them, but at the same time, it would be a bad idea to leave either of them unchecked.

"This appears to be some kind of music room," Byakuya stated as he and Kyoko went to the search area they had designated for themselves "though it looks less like a classroom and more in line with a concert hall..." 

"Indeed," Kyoko said "that piano on the stage seems like it would be owned by a virtuoso. However, it's kind of pointless considering no one here knows how to play it...At least I don't think so..."

"Hm..." Byakuya replied with a scoff, and returned to his silence. However, Kyoko stopped looking at what she was doing, and turned to face him suddenly.

"So?" she asked "what did you want?"

"Excuse you?" Byakuya replied apathetically.

"Given your previous misconduct," Kyoko said "I highly doubt you came to the dining hall that morning simply to enjoy breakfast. Or to help us with the investigation. On top of that, you didn't seem to be completely honest in the dining hall when we made you come with us..."

"You suspect I have an ulterior motive then..." Byakuya fiddled with his glasses "my, you really are quite sharp, aren't you?"

"So you don't deny it then?" Kyoko asked. 

"I wanted to talk," Byakuya leered "there's something you're not telling me..."

Kyoko immediately knew that he was referring to her secret conversations with Chihiro and the truth about Alter Ego. Clearly this man hadn't kept that long a distance as to not notice their interactions. That, or he was a lot smarter and more observant than she'd originally given him credit for.

"Sorry," Kyoko said "I won't refute your accusations, but that's not something I can tell you right now..."

"And why not?" Byakuya returned this with a glare. Kyoko simply shook her head, not intimidated in the slightest.

"I have my reasons," she said "besides, you may not trust me, but I can't exactly trust you either. You're the one who's been playing everyone for fools all this time, and now you're coming to us for info. Forgive me if I don't feel like returning the non-existent favor."

Byakuya simply sighed, and with no other words to say back, returned to his investigation.

"Just be patient," Kyoko told him "we'll tell you when the time is right."

"Why do we always end up goin' to all the sciency and medical places in this school?" Mondo asked as he and Taka arrived at what seemed to be a Chemistry Lab.

"I don't know, but this place somehow feels even more sketchy than the Bio Lab downstairs..." Taka replied "I get the feeling we're going to find some things in here we're not going to like..."

"Yeah...I agree...but still...Ngh...!" Mondo tried to say something back, but pinched his nose closed "the fuck is that smell...!? That ain't gonna like, damage my lungs or somethin' is it?" 

"If you don't like the smell, we can split up if you want?" Taka suggested "if by any chance it gets to be a bit too much, I don't mind you leaving."

"Nah, I can't do that," Mondo said "what if you collapse again and there's no one around to help you?"

"Well, I appreciate it," Taka smiled "if that's the case, shall we begin?"