Boys Life of Despair: Part 16 [Deadly Life]

"Is that everything?" Taka asked "everything we can get for now?"

"Hm..." Chihiro thought "I think so...I think I'm going to find Kyoko and see what she wants to talk to me about. You two should probably keep looking around together and see what you can find. If possible, maybe can you examine Toko's dorm room for any clues?"

"You're the boss" Mondo gave her a thumbs up, and the two of them headed off.

"Huh? M-Makoto?" Chihiro recognized the spiky hair of the Ultimate Lucky Student from a moderate distance "what are you doing here? Weren't you with Byakuya?"

"I WAS..." Makoto cringed "he only just let me go after dragging me around everywhere and basically shoving evidence in my face...He was basically doing everything he could to be the big man of our duo..."

"Well? Did you find anything?" Chihiro asked.

"Hm...Well, it's not that we didn't find anything but..." he explained to her "I'm having a hard time figuring out why the piece of evidence he gave me is important to the case?"

"What did he give you?" she asked. To which, Makoto reached into his hoodie pocket and pulled out something that looked like an important document.

"Byakuya took me to the library on the second floor and led me into a room in the back," Makoto explained "it was an archive of official documentations, and in particular, there was thing one. He told me he'd already read through it several times prior to the case, including the previous night, so he let me keep it. But...It's pretty gruesome, I'm warning you now..."

"Well, it can't be more gruesome than seeing a body floating in a pool..." Chihiro sighed, taking the file and opening it up.

However, she soon found out that she wasn't exactly correct.

The file contained information about a certain individual. The serial killer who had been all over the news.

Genocide Jack.

"Wh-What's this doing in the school...?" Chihiro asked quietly.

"I...honestly have no idea..." Makoto replied honestly "didn't you think he was the mastermind behind everything?"

"That was just a theory. I don't actually know if it was true or not..." she reminded him "this is...this is all so awful...!"

Chihiro eventually arrived at a page that showed images and descriptions that made her want to puke. The names of his victims ran on for several pages. Ken Harada: Age 32, Tetsuhiro Honda: Age 17, Shoji Gaku: Age 23, Kanno Isei: Age 14, Takeshi Yoshida: Age 30, and so many more. All of which were different people, of different ages, ethnicities, appearances, and more. There were only two things in common with each of them. They were all male, and their bodies were all positioned in the same way. Pinned to the wall in a crucifixion position, by several pairs of incredibly sharp scissors.