A Next Generation Legend: Part 13 [Deadly Life]

"So, what should we do now?" Mondo asked, clearly trying to keep his frustration contained "should we go back to where we found Hifumi?"

"No," Chihiro told him "let's let Byakuya and the others investigate the trash room a little bit more before we get some answers on Hifumi. I want to head upstairs and investigate Sakura for now..."

"K...sure..." Mondo replied.

"Shit man...she's...she's really dead..." Mondo cringed at seeing Sakura's limp body in the lab "I...I still can't believe it..."

Chihiro couldn't believe it either. After the heart to heart that Sakura had, and how she steeled her determination, and promised that she'd stay to protect everyone. Of course, that promise had gone unkept...But still, that wasn't her fault. Sakura's death was untimely, and Chihiro wasn't about to let her killer go unpunished...

Even if that meant sending another classmate off to their death...

The Monokuma File hadn't contained any information about Sakura's death, so the lab where she currently was should have held pretty much all the answers to the case...However, upon arriving, Chihiro noticed something pretty odd. After arriving at the lab area, the only other student that Chihiro saw was Makoto. But from what he knew...

"Wait a second..." Chihiro said aloud "didn't Kyoko say that she was coming up here to investigate?"

"Yeah she did..." Mondo thought "but now that I think about it...did she even show up when everyone gathered to check on Taka?"

Chihiro thought for a moment and realized that Mondo had a point. Kyoko was the only one who didn't show up when Taka was taken to the nurses office. Everyone else, even Byakuya, had appeared to check the situation at least, but she hadn't appeared once.

"The last time I saw Kyoko was when Monokuma handed out the Monokuma File," Chihiro remembered "she was with us in the trash room...but now she disappeared..."

"If Kyoko got the file, then she knows the situation," Mondo assured him "that means she knows there's been a murder and will be a trial that she HAS to go to by the way. She's probably investigating elsewhere, right?"

"I'd like to think so..." Chihiro said "that aside...shall we start?"

"Hell yeah..." Mondo cracked his knuckles in preparation. 

"Hey guys..." Makoto greeted them as they approached the body "I guess you're here to investigate her...right?" 

"That's right," Chihiro said "have you already examined the body?"

"Yeah, I tried to," Makoto told them "but the situation around this is...different this time..."

"Different?" Mondo repeated "how is it different?"

"Every corpse we've found so far have had very obvious wounds, right? Leon had the stomach wound, Toko had the slit throat and cuts, and Hifumi had a stab wound in his neck that Hiro told me about," Makoto explained "but...Sakura doesn't have anything like that? She has no cuts, and no wounds. It's almost like she wasn't attacked by anything."

"She's not even bleeding?" Chihiro asked.

"See for yourself..." Makoto moved out of the way. Chihiro examined the body, cursing the fact that he was getting used to this by now. Turns out that Makoto couldn't have been more right. Upon closer examination of Sakura's corpse, there didn't appear to be any scratches, bruises, cuts or open wounds at all...However, Chihiro suddenly noticed something else.

"Wait..." he said "why is she wet?"

"Huh? What'dya mean?" Mondo peered over his shoulder.

"She's completely soaked," Chihiro pointed to Sakura's damp hair, face and clothes "it's almost like she had a bucket of water splashed over her..."