Boys Life of Despair: Part 9

[So Master? You are feeling better?] Alter Ego asked the programmer that same evening. Chihiro had decided to go back to the bathhouse to check up on the laptop and the Alter Ego program just to check that it was safe. She also decided to stay and talk to it for a little, so that it didn't feel lonely.

[Yeah, I feel a lot better now...but still, I've been giving it some thought...] Chihiro typed into the PC.

[About what?] Alter Ego replied [your situation?]

[Basically,] Chihiro typed back [in a place like this, I can't show any weakness. If I cry or act miserable, then I just bring down the mood and everyone goes down with me...I don't want that, so I need to act upon that...]

[How are you going to do that?] Alter Ego asked it's creator [are you going to start working out?]

[I want to, but I'm a little scared of going into the changing rooms...I'm nervous somebody will catch me and...]

[Find out?] Alter Ego responded [but if you're going to work out, you'll need a partner do work out with and that means you'll need to tell somebody...]

Chihiro began to type a response into the laptop, but then suddenly froze. She heard the sounds of two people's voices drawing closer to the bathhouse. She broke out into a cold tense sweat. There's no way she'd be able to explain Alter Ego to any of her peers. Only Kyoko knew she had the laptop, and even she didn't know about Alter Ego. 

[Someone's coming! You need to hide! Stay quiet!] she rapidly typed into the keyboard.

[Of course Master! I shall remain silent!] Alter Ego saluted. In a rush, Chihiro shoved the laptop into a locker, slammed the locker shut and casually leant up against it as if nothing was wrong. Soon enough, the doors to the bathhouse burst open, and the two people who Chihiro heard came in, both shouting their heads off at each other. It was Kiyotaka Ishimaru and Mondo Owada, both of whom immediately stopped arguing and widened their eyes when they saw Chihiro.

"O-Oh...hey Chihiro..." Mondo awkwardly waved "wh-what're...what're you doin' here?"

"I uh...I just got...got out of the bath...?" she lied.

"Really?" Taka asked "you...look awfully dry for someone who just got out..."

"I-I swear I'm not doing anything s-suspicious...!" she assured them "m-my hair is pretty short, so it dries fairly easily...what about you two? Why are you here?"

"It's cause of this douche!" Mondo pointed at Taka with his thumb, who just frowned at him "he's been runnin' his mouth and saying shit like I need to grow a pair and that "Lack self control" or some shit!"

"Of course you do!" Taka burst back "if you really had any sense of self control or responsibility, then you wouldn't always resort to punching your problems away! Not only that, but you certainly wouldn't ignore our established rules of society and drive around with your petty little biker gang!"

"What...the fuck...did you just say...?" Mondo growled "what the hell do you know...You don't know a damn thing about me!"

"Oh, but I do," Taka frowned "I know that you have long since been defeated by yourself! If you really had the balls, you'd admit that!"

"Says the guy who shouts his head off instead of talking like a normal ass person!" Mondo grunted "I got way more self control than you do!"

"That'll be the day!" Taka scoffed.

"Um...as much as I enjoy these squabbles..." Chihiro couldn't help but snark "why exactly are the two of you here of all places?"

"We're gonna have a contest!" Mondo boomed "and I thought this bathhouse would be the best place to do it!"