A Next Generation Legend: Part 16 [Class Trial]

"Let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial! So, your votes will determine the results! If you can figure out "whodunnit" then only they will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong one...I'll punish everyone BESIDES the blackened, and the one who deceived everyone else will graduate! Now, let's begin!" Monokuma began, like he usually did.

"Ok, so," Hiro was the first person to begin this argument "this one is a little different..."

"A little different?" Junko repeated "we usually have to talk about only one murder, now we gotta deal with two AND an attack!"

"Ah, right..." Celeste considered "it's highly likely that whoever attacked Taka did so for a reason related to the case. I suppose that means we will consider what happened to him a clue then..."

"The fact that we have to deal with two murders is already enough," Makoto frowned "I mean, that's just overkill!"

"If we're gonna start, then I got a question I need to ask," Mondo began the discussion "why the hell're we even having a class trial in the first place?"

"Um...what do you mean?" Junko asked "it's the same deal as always isn't it? Someone dies, we have a trial, we figure out who the killer is, they die, we all leave with our lives. Right?"

"I think what Mondo is referring to," Byakuya explained "is the issue regarding one of the incentives for this murder..."

The incentive that Byakuya is referring to...Is that...?

1 - The Money.
2 - The additional motive.🔫
3 - What the victim did.

"Monokuma proposed an additional incentive alongside the money," Chihiro reminded everyone "if someone killed two people without getting caught, then they would be allowed to leave the school immediately without a trial

"Monokuma proposed an additional incentive alongside the money," Chihiro reminded everyone "if someone killed two people without getting caught, then they would be allowed to leave the school immediately without a trial."

"Exactly!" Mondo exclaimed "so why the hell is this trial even going on in the first fucking place!"

"Did Monokuma...go back on his word?" Makoto asked.

"Nope! I can't bear the thought of telling any of you a lie!" Monokuma explained "if I want to keep something from you, I'll do so by just keeping quiet!"

"Then why, pray tell, are you still holding a trial, despite the fact that the killer met your requirements?" Celeste asked.

"Actually, I think that's it," Kyoko explained "whoever the killer is didn't meet the requirements. Therefore, the trial is still fair game."

"So, either the killer got caught," Junko considered "or they weren't trying to use the motive in the first place..."

"But...that doesn't make any sense!" Mondo was still very much on edge "it's literally a free pass to escape! If they were already plannin' a murder, why would someone turn that down!?"