Pain of a Junk Food Junkie: Part 10 [Deadly Life]

*SLAM!* *SLAM!* *SLAM!*

"Come on Mondo! Bust it open!"

"What the fuck do you think I'm doing!" Mondo snapped after being egged on by Taka. The other three students, Mukuro, Mondo and Taka, were now gathered outside of the now locked Bio Lab. After Byakuya and Chihiro failed to return after a short while, the three of them made their way up to the 5th floor in fear that something had happened to them. Their gut instincts appeared to be right on the money. After Mukuro came running back with the pickaxe from the garden, Mondo grabbed it, and with a heavy swing, broke the door wide open. 

And of course, as you can imagine, upon entering the scene and seeing Byakuya's dead body on the floor of the room, they all illiceted their own forms of shock and surprise. A scream from Taka, a swear from Mondo, and a gasp from Mukuro.

"Guys!" Chihiro gasped, rushing over to give Mondo a hug, which he accepted "thank god you're here! I was beginning to think we'd be stuck here forever!"

"I-Is that-!? A corpse!?" Taka squealed "are they really dead!?"

"Yo!" Mondo exclaimed "what the fuck happened!?"

"Kyoko?" Mukuro asked "what are you doing here?"

"Chihiro, Byakuya and I came into this room after we found it unlocked..." Kyoko told them "the door locked behind us and the lights went out. When they came back on, Byakuya was dead."

"So...does that mean...one of you guys...!?" Mondo asked.

"Wait!" Taka rested a hand on his shoulder, forcing himself to stay calm "let's not jump to any conclusions yet. The body discovery announcement hasn't played, so maybe he's still alive?"

"No, he's definitely dead..." Mukuro knelt down to examine the body "the announcement hasn't played because the Mastermind is absent without leave, most likely." 

"Absent?" Kyoko asked "what do you mean?"

"We were all just in the gym, and we found Monokuma inactive," Mondo explained "we started takin' him apart to see how he works. That's when we got the idea to try and use his absence to bust into the Headmaster's Office. That's when Byakuya and Chihiro came up here to get the pickaxe from the garden...and where this happened I guess..."

"What...happened exactly?" Mukuro asked.

Chihiro and Kyoko each explained the order of events of what had happened, the three of them listening in closely.

"Well, no matter what the case, Byakuya is dead," Mukuro said "and even though the Mastermind is currently MIA, we should still investigate and figure out why...even if we don't end up holding a class trial...That should come first before any of the rest of this stuff..."

"You're right..." Taka asked "but...what's all this stuff?"

"That was on the table when we came in," Chihiro explained "we don't know what any of it is, or why it's there, but one of the things that was on there originally was...well...that..."

Chihiro indicated to most important aspect of the corpse. The dagger that was jammed into Byakuya's heart.

"I see...Hm...?" Taka raised a confused eyebrow.

"What is it?" Mukuro asked "did you find something?"

"Well, other than the dagger and the other junk here..." Taka said "I can't say I've ever seen this before..."

Taka turned back to the group and showed them what he'd picked up. It was a key with a cybernetic print on it. 

"I haven't seen that before..." Kyoko said "what does it open?"