Boys Life of Despair: Part 14 [Deadly Life]

"Wow...to be honest, I kind of expected you and Hina to be a team Sakura," Chihiro pointed out "but instead you're here?"

The Ultimate Martial Artist glanced down at the pint-sized programmer, alongside Mondo and Taka. Her partner was Kyoko, who was currently examining Toko's body. With Sakura and Hina's help, Toko's corpse, among some other interesting things, were fished out of the pool. Kyoko seemed to have absolutely no qualms with investigating Toko's battered deceased carcass, as she checked every nook and cranny of her injuries without so much as batting an eye. It was almost impressive.

"Kyoko was concerned that Toko's body being in the pool may have messed up some of the information on the Monokuma File," Sakura explained "as of such, she's decided to perform an examination on the body, and is having me play a witness."

Chihiro looked around in the pool area where Toko's body was found. Some of the students had already left the scene, and only three groups remained. Chihiro herself, who was partnered with Mondo and Taka, Sakura and Kyoko, and on the other side of the pool, Hina and Celeste, who were overlooking some other equipment.

"Remind me again what groups you split everyone into?" Chihiro asked Taka "you divided us all up, right?"

"Well, not all of us," Taka admitted "to be honest, Byakuya dragged Makoto away before I could say anything, claiming he "wanted to use his Ultimate Luck to his advantage" but other than that, I did indeed divide us all into search groups. Other than the three of us, I put Sakura together with Kyoko, Hina with Celeste and Hifumi, Hiro and Junko as a group of three."

"Oh boy...Those last three sure are gonna have fun..." Mondo remarked.

"Actually, I put those three together because they seemed like they were really against the investigation," Taka explained "I unfortunately don't expect much of them...D-Don't tell them I said that..."

"Hey, my lips are sealed," Chihiro assured him, secretly feeling more sorry for Makoto than Junko, but she then turned to Kyoko and asked "more importantly, how is this "analysis" of yours going?"

Kyoko seemed heavily focused on her task, but after a few seconds, pulled herself away from the waterlogged body and turned to answer Chihiro's question.

"Bodies in water tend to be a lot harder to analyze than one's that aren't," she explained "but for what it's worth, the Monokuma File details a lot."

"Well, Monokuma already saw all this shit happen, right?" Mondo asked "he said so when Leon died..."

"True...He definitely seems to believe in fair trial. If not for the File, we may not have had any of this information to work with," Kyoko explained "to be honest, I'm rather grateful for it's existence, no matter who wrote it."

"But what of your own personal analysis?" Sakura enquired "is there any more information that the File does not tell us?"

"These are the conclusions I reached upon inspecting the body," Kyoko explained "Toko has many cuts, bruises and injuries over her body, particularly around her head and face region. However, like the File says, the injury that ended her life was the cut on her neck. It pierced her skin and slit her throat, killing her almost instantly. There was no hope of her survival..."

Chihiro hung her head sadly. Surely Kyoko could have put it a little more lightly, for her sake at least.

"Furthermore, I'm under the impression that the killer may have used a heavy object to knock her out, due to an indentation in her head," she continued "I believe the killer attacked her with said heavy object, and then killed her while she was incapacitated. Also, while I lack the proper equipment to confirm this, after investigating her mouth, I came to the conclusion that she didn't congest any water, and did not inhale any gaseous substances."