Ultimate Despair: Part 9 [Deadly Life]

While this was going on back on the first floor, Taka had gone where he was instructed to go, and arrived at the Data Processing Room. However, while he would never outright say this to anyone really, he figured that he was far from the most qualified to investigate this room. He'd grown up without using most technology, besides the odd computer for study purposes, and he'd never really watched any cartoons or played any video games before. Truly, Chihiro was better suited for this job than he was...

"Then again..." he said to himself "out of everyone here, I'm the only one other than Chihiro who would logically be the best choice...Kyoko's talents are needed elsewhere, Mukuro can't say too much, and Mondo...is Mondo..."

It wasn't as if Taka didn't have a plan either. He knew exactly what to do when he arrived at the location. No one had really drawn much attention to it the last time, but the Data Processing room had a small door with Monokuma's face imprinted on it. He was really curious about the door, and he was thinking that since Monokuma said all the doors were unlocked now, he should be able to go in there. In a typical situation, Taka would tie a wire or rope to the doorknob and pull it open at a distance, just in case there was a trap. He had fallen victim to a few of them in his life, mostly from stuck-up people who didn't take kindly to his rule abiding nature, but this time, he was dealing with Monokuma, who's definition of a prank was something slightly more...fatal. Regardless, he had no such thing on hand, so he decided to move it or lose it, and opened the door after taking a deep breath and holding it. 

Thankfully, no cream pies with bombs stashed in them were thrown at his face, however, he WAS immediately greeted with something rather unexpected. As mentioned previously, Taka was not as able with technology as he would have liked to be, which caused his brain to almost fry when his eyes were greeted with a room that looked like it had been taken out of a sci-fi movie...Not that he would know that, but that was precisely the reason why this was such a culture shock.

"Why does everything about this school have to be so dang disturbing?" Taka's brow furrowed as he tried to make sense of it all "this goes above and beyond anything I would have expected...What even IS this!?"

In the room, there was a large array of monitors, and a small comfy looking seat that one could lay back in and relax. However, relaxation probably wasn't the chairs main use, as despite its comfortable look, it was hooked up to the monitors, implying that it had it's own function. It was all a bit over the top, like a control panel that you'd find in a military base. A control panel...or perhaps...

"A cockpit?"

These words escaped Taka's mouth as he thought hard about the room. A door with Monokuma's face imprinted on it...and a cockpit with a control panel. Taka was now beginning to get an idea as to what this machine did and by extension, what this room was for...But he had to check.

Once again, Taka's knowledge of tech and how to use it was severely limited. He knew how to work a flip phone and a laptop computer, but that was about it. However, given the limited time, and how this investigation was the be-all end-all of the killing game, he felt he had little choice but to go for broke. He sat down on the seat and examined the wide array of buttons. One panel had a selection of buttons each with the names of rooms and locations within the school, such as Laundry Room, Gymnasium and Cafeteria.

"I don't know what this does, but there's one way to find out..." Taka reached over and pressed the button for the Data Processing room. Logically, whatever the button caused to happen in that room, it would happen right next to Taka, and he could see for himself what it was about. 

Without really leaving the room, Taka got to his feet and opened the door to look out into the other room, after randomly hearing a strange noise. Upon looking out, he suddenly noticed the familiar small frame of Monokuma, facing away from him.