A Next Generation Legend: Part 22 [Class Trial]

"I

"I...I make the following assertion...!" Chihiro clenched his fists in sadness and quiet rage "the...the person..."

"Hm?" Byakuya leered "speak up! Get on with it already...!"

Chihiro grimaced, and felt tears fall out of his eyes, as he finally set free his truth.

"I make the following assertion!" he cried out "the person who killed Hifumi Yamada was Yasuhiro Hagakure!"

Chihiro's declaration immediately stunned the entire courtroom into silence. Everyone was still, quiet, and unmoving, except for...

"Good job Chihiro," Kyoko said "I was thinking the exact same thing..."

"...Are you serious...?" Makoto trembled "H-Hiro...did it?"

Hiro himself, surprisingly, did not make any attempt to retort...

"W-Wait! That's not possible!" Junko exclaimed "r-right Hiro!?"

Even after this call...Hiro still said nothing...

"H-Hiro...?" Junko began to sweat.

"Let it be known your silence only damns you Hiro..." Taeko reminded him "not making any comebacks to the accusations doesn't exactly do you any favours..."

"I...I know that..." Hiro finally spoke "I just...I really just don't wanna argue against Fuji-Bean, you know?"

"I don't want to argue against you either Hiro, but I have to!" Chihiro told him "and if you want to prove to me that you're innocent, then you have to argue back, so...! P-Please...please, tell me I'm wrong so I can believe you again!"

The more Chihiro spoke, the more emotionally broken he became. His voice started to break, and tears began to fall from his eyes.

"Fuji-Bean..." Hiro sighed "c-could you at least tell me WHY you suspect me?"

"On top of being suspicious, due to the announcement not reacting to you, you were the first person to supposedly "find" Hifumi," Chihiro explained "but you shouldn't have been on the first floor because of the promise you made me yesterday..."

"Promise?" Byakuya asked.

"Hiro...promised me that we could hang out in the rec room and play darts yesterday," Chihiro explained "but...he never showed up, and I got worried. I went to look for him, and that's when I heard Junko scream..."

"Ah, I see now..." Byakuya smirked "so Yasuhiro doesn't have an alibi for the morning then?"

"I already told you," Hiro said "I lost the cloth that I use to clean my crystal ball! I thought I left it in the trash room, and that's how I found the body!"

"But that cannot be proven, can it?" Kyoko asked him "and on top of that, there's another thing that links you to the crime..."

"A-Another thing?" Hiro stammered.