A Next Generation Legend: Part 14 [Deadly Life]

"The biggest issue about the case so far..." Chihiro pondered as he and Mondo walked down the stairs "isn't necessarily the cause of death. If we investigate enough evidence, then we should be able to figure it out pretty easily..."

"Yeah," Mondo replied "the big fuckin' issue is that damn bear didn't give us any time info. How are we meant to figure out when either of 'em died?"

"Not only that, but because he wasn't an additional corpse, there was no file for when Taka got attacked either," Chihiro said "so we don't know when he was attacked either. Realistically, we'd be able to narrow it down if we asked everyone when the last time anyone saw Sakura was...And if we figure out when the last time anyone saw Hifumi was, we'd-"

"I mighta' seen him..." Mondo suddenly said. Chihiro immediately stopped mid-walk and turned to look at him alarmingly.

"And you didn't say so sooner...WHY!?" he exclaimed.

"Sorry man, but...to be honest, I weren't so sure of it myself..." Mondo explained "when I say I saw him, I didn't "saw" him. I was out late last night, and I overheard him havin' a conversation with someone in the storage room...I didn't see who he was talkin' to...But I think it was a girl...?"

"Why would Hifumi be talking to a girl that late at night?" Chihiro asked.

"The hell if I know," Mondo frowned "I didn't wanna interrupt them or nothin' so I just kept walkin' by. I couldn't recognize the chicks voice, but I heard Hifumi..."

"Right...thanks for telling me," Chihiro said "that at least proves that Hifumi was still alive during nighttime last night..."

🔫Mondo's Account added to the Truth Bullets🔫

"What about Sakura then?" Mondo asked "who was the last person to see her?"

"Realistically, the last time we all saw Sakura was yesterday morning when she was in the cafeteria with us," Chihiro said "but that's too wide a gap. It's a full day almost."

"What were we talkin' about that morning?" Mondo asked "memories a little fuzzy..."

"I think Sakura planned to meet up with Taka somwhere," Chihiro recalled "it was something about the night shift...But whatever it was, I highly doubt they were able to talk about it before they were both attacked..."

🔫Sakura's arrangement with Taka added to the Truth Bullets🔫

"Anyway, we don't have enough information about Hifumi's death yet, so I'm hoping that-" Chihiro began to say, but before he could finish, Mondo suddenly stuck out his hand and halted him in his tracks. It was quite a forceful block too, and it hit straight to the stomach, so Chihiro had a significant amount of wind knocked out of him. He coughed as he regained his breath and turned to Mondo to wonder what the hell that was for. However, upon noticing his expression, Chihiro followed his line of sight, and noticed something on the ground in front of the flight of stairs they'd just walked down.

"I-Is that..." Chihiro took a closer look "blood...?"

"It's a small patch of it," Mondo replied "but it sure looks like it..."

"But...this is the second floor..." Chihiro thought "Sakura died on the third floor and Taka and Hifumi were attacked on the first floor. Why is there blood on the second floor?"

"Think it's a coincidence or somethin'?" Mondo asked. Chihiro shook his head.

"I really doubt it..." he replied.

🔫Small patch of blood added to Truth Bullets🔫

"Ah, you're back..." Byakuya noticed as Chihiro and Mondo once again entered the trash room "I honestly thought you'd get right back to it and come back to check Hifumi...What were you doing in that time I wonder?"