To Survive: Part 9 [Deadly Life]

Leon was a hot-blooded individual, and he had quite a mouth on him. He was easily frustrated, and could get really snappy when pressured. However, past all this, he has been a genuinely very nice person. He had been so helpful to Chihiro when she'd been frightened and disoriented by the video's despite being frightened and disoriented himself. He was fine just last night, his usual laid-back, cool self, messing around, teaching everyone how to play baseball, talking about wanting to leave to save his cousin...and now, he was...dead. Just like that...Chihiro would never be able speak to him again. She would never again get to hear his voice, or his laugh. She would never again be able to play baseball with him. He would never see the light of day again...She wanted to get out of here with him, to get to know him and what he was like in the outside world, to meet his cousin Kanon Nakajima. They could have stayed great friends. But now the chances of any of that happening were gone...

Leon Kuwata...was dead...

"Chihiro!" Taka burst through the door "is everything OK!? I heard a...scream..." 

Taka then screamed himself. This then eventually led to everyone else to rush into the washing room, each and every one of them with their own reactions. Chihiro would probably have fainted if it wasn't for the commotion around her.

"No...NOOOOOO!!!" Sayaka screamed.

"Le-Leon!?" Hina trembled "no...No, you were fine just last night...! How...!?"

"What's goin' on?" Hiro came in, looking confused. He clearly had no clue what was happening. Upon seeing him, Mondo snapped. He marched up to him, grabbed him by the back of his head, and thrust if straight towards Leon's body, burning the sight into Hiro's eyes.

"THIS IS THE SHIT WE'VE BEEN SET UP FOR!" he roared with all the air in his lungs "IF YOU SAY ONE MORE MOTHERFUCKING TIME THAT THIS IS A STUNT OR A JOKE, I SWEAR I WILL RIP YOUR FUCKING EYES OUT!"

"Wh-What...!?" Hiro trembled, his face going blue "h-hold on...W-W-W-What!? H-He's dead...!? Then...everyth-thing that happened up until now...WAS REAL!?"

Hiro, in a truly disturbing scene, shook himself free of Mondo's grip, ran to the corner of the room, and threw up his food that he'd eaten that morning. Everyone, in respect of his privacy, looked away. Any one of them could have complained, or called him out as being gross, but the fact of the matter was that Hiro didn't know what he'd been roped into until now. His reaction was only natural.

"Hey..." he turned to us "this ain't a dream, is it?"

"No. It's real..." Byakuya said. To everyone's surprise, when they turned to him, both he and Kyoko were crouching by the body, seeming to examine it "Leon Kuwata is dead..."

A slimy feeling of despair spread throughout Chihiro's body at his words. Byakuya had said this with very little care or fear in his voice.

"No! Y-You're wrong!" Makoto had gone green in the face "there's no way...There's no way Leon was killed!"

Byakuya got ready to respond again, but before he could the monitor on the wall of the washing room came to life, and Monokuma appeared on screen, looking positively cheerful.