Boys Life of Despair: Part 2

Though he didn't show it, everyone seemed to get the feeling that what Makoto said about the mastermind pissed him off. They were aware that they were probably being watched and listened in on by him via the security cameras, so he probably overheard this hope-bent conversation.

As of such, when Monokuma called everyone to the gym later that day, everone was naturally pretty worried. However, that worry quickly turned into confusion when everyone saw just what it was that he had in store for them...And that was...

A workout regiment.

"Arms out! Up and down! Repeat after me! 1! 2! 3! 4!"

"1! 2! 3! 4!" The only person who repeated, in fact the only person who was actively participating in this workout was Taka. Though, that was probably to be expected. As detestable as Monokuma was, he still claimed to be the headmaster, and a diligent honor student would always do as the headmaster asked of him.

"Faster on the up and down!" Monokuma bellowed "bring 'em in and out again! In and out!"

Monokuma suddenly stopped what he was doing. He looked around at everyone else in the gym, with a disgruntled expression on his face.

"What's wrong with you brats!?" he snapped "why is the only one joining in Mr Fussypants over here!"

"Why the hell have we gotta do this anyway?" Junko asked "like, why are we here to begin with?"

"Well, there are two reasons," Monokuma explained "for one thing, the lot of you have been really miserable since yesterday, and that isn't good for a school environment!"

"Why the hell do you think that is?" Mondo growled "don't even try to pretend you forgot about yesterday..."

"Forgot about yesterday?" Monokuma repeated "oh, no worries, I remember yesterday quite vividly. From yesterday to this morning, I remember very well. Particularly that discussion you guys had this morning. You know, the one that had an ugly-trace of self-justification?"

"Self-justification?" Makoto repeated. Monokuma nodded.

"Listen up and take this to heart..." he leered "the act of judging someone is a heavy cross to bear! Make sure you can feel that weight! Order can only survive on the shoulders of sacrifice and responsibility!"

"Wh-What the heck are you talking about...!?" Toko trembled.

"All of this is on us...?" Hiro frowned "that's...rough man..."

"Ignore that piece of shit bear," Mondo growled "he always says whatever the fuck he wants...!"

"Ok, but...like, that aside..." Junko continued "you said that there were two reasons. That's one, what's the other?"

"Well, don't you think it's great having a good workout once in a while?" Monokuma asked "being indoors all the time is bad for your body!"

"You could just, I-I don't know, let us the hell out?" Toko asked "I mean, you're the one who locked us up here."