A Next Generation Legend: Part 2

Despite how dense and somewhat moronic Hiro had presented himself as so far, his instincts seemed on-point this morning. Just as he had assumed, now that the second class trial was over, the staircase on the second floor had been unblocked, and now, there was yet another floor above that for the students to explore. Everyone decided to go in pairs, but that meant one person was left out, as Sakura was still nowhere to be found, and at that, neither was Byakuya. Taka, as the unanimously appointed leader, prepared to assign everyone to groups, just like he did during the investigation the previous day. Chihiro was teamed up with Makoto. Junko and Kyoko were another pair, both of whom seemed weirdly awkward around each other (well, Junko was. Kyoko didn't seem to pay much mind) Hifumi and Hiro were Team 3, which honestly seemed like a match made in heaven, but that was only because Mondo seemed rather adamant about teaming up with Taka, something the Moral Compass had no objections to. That meant Celeste was going solo, however, neither she, nor anyone else, seemed to mind.

However, the Ultimate Gambler soon found that she did indeed have a partner for her investigation. Her place of choice to investigate was a room relatively near the stairs, but upon entering, she was surprised to see the tall figure of the Ultimate Affluent Progeny, Byakuya Togami.

"Ah...so you're here..." he at least acknowledged her presence, unlike how he had done while he was in the library.

"That's my line..." Celeste snarked "what are you doing here? I figured you'd be in the library..."

"I plan to go right back there once I'm done," he said "but I'd rather investigate this place myself than have one of those incompetents come and explain it to me later...I must admit, my time here is a lot more peaceful now that that walking milk cloth is dead..."

"You're lucky it's me and not anybody else," Celeste looked at him sternly "if not, I'd imagine someone else would have something to say to that..."

"As if I care..." Byakuya sighed "regardless, this place in particular seems like..."

"It's a recreation room, clearly," Celeste pointed out "a place for students to come and relax."

"I'm surprised that there's a room like this in this school...It's not uncommon for regular high schools to have rec rooms I suppose, but not of this quality..." Byakuya said this like a monologue, as if he was speaking but not directly to Celeste. She replied regardless.

"Well, yes, with regular high schools, maybe, but there is not much regular about this place...It seems this place contains Othello, shogi, darts and even billiards...and take a look at this..."

Curious, the blond boy with glasses turned his head to gaze in the gambling girls direction, as she reached out for a magazine rack and picked up one of the papers.

"My my...Now that we have this place, it seems there's no dearth of cures for boredom..." she grinned.

"And I have some additional intelligence!" Celeste jumped slightly, as she thought Byakuya had began talking in a high pitched voice, but she opened her eyes and held back a grimace as she realized Monokuma had appeared from seemingly nowhere once again "in regards to those magazines, you'll be glad to know that our variety of genres is very wide! There's fashion magazines, motorcycle magazines, martial arts magazines, baseball magazines, football magazines, PC magazines and many more. Oh, but there's nothing dirty or anything, aside from a few risque pinup shoots. This is a school environment after all!"

"Yes, I'd imagine if you did, Taka would have something to say about it..." Byakuya commented.

"Tell me something," Celeste asked "when new issues of these magazines are made, will they be available to us?"