Boys Life of Despair: Part 23 [Class Trial END]

Mondo's words made the entire room go silent...

"Toko wasn't the only one who almost killed someone because of her motive..." Mondo added "I failed to kill Chihiro...but I definitely tried to..."

As he followed up with this, the quiet in the room quickly gave way to panic.

"You...YOU WHAT!?" Taka exclaimed.

"Th-That's a joke, right!?" Makoto added.

"I-I can't believe it! I WON'T believe it!" Hiro shrieked.

"Hm...How curious..." Byakuya smirked.

"I see...so you could not have overheard the struggle because you were in a struggle yourself..." Kyoko though aloud.

"M-My Shinigami never told me about this!" Hifumi squealed.

"M-Mondo...!? You tried to-!?" Junko sweated.

Mondo clenched his fist, and grumbled, as everyone's shouts forced the regret of his actions to sink in. The last time in the biker gang leaders life did he ever feel this much pain and sorrow, was when he was on the concrete, his dying brother held in his arms. The voices and shouts in the courtroom were traumatizing.

But then one voice cut through the storm of screams.

"LET HIM TALK!"

Once again, the room entered a state of stunned silence, as everyone turned in the direction of the person who had shouted this. Everyone was surprised to face that direction, and see the short-statured, meek, weak-willed Ultimate Programmer, Chihiro Fujisaki.

"Stop. C-Can't you see you're hurting him?" Chihiro told them "we won't be able to end this debate until you let him explain."

Nobody had any response to this. Everyone was still reeling from the shock that Mondo had attempted a murder, and his "victim" was now coming to his defense. Everyone in the end, quietly decided to follow Chihiro's instruction. All eyes were on the muscular man with the leather jacket, who took another deep breath, before he explained what really happened.

"When I got my blackmail letter...I tried to appear strong for everyone else's sake, but...to be honest, as soon as I read the words that were on it, I immediately considered murder an option...Of course, going through with it was another thing, and I'm not the best thinker, so I went to the changing rooms that night to lift some weights...And it was around that time...Chihiro showed up. You could probably guess how surprised I was when this one girl walked into the men's changing room like it was nobody's business...But that was when...he explained it to me..."

"I...I told Mondo that I was actually a male," Chihiro gripped his shoulder and frowned sadly "I made it clear to everyone else that I wanted to get stronger just so I could have the strength to willingly tell everyone that...and of all the boys to ask for help on the issue, I thought Mondo was my best shot..."